Notifications
Clear all

Motif to MODX conversion - old Motif Power/Jazz Grands

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 Mark
Topic starter

Just got a MODX8 and am converting my custom Voices over to the MODX8 from my Motif XS7. I had the old Motif Power Grand and Jazz Grand loaded on the Motif XS and I had tweaked them to my liking and want to convert these to the MODX. I believe these were sample/wav files to start with. They sounded pretty good on the XS and took very little memory space!

It does not seem that the MODX will recognize these sample/wav files. I tried some different things by trying to load All or Voice files and even try to load wave files to the MODX. All options tried resulted in no luck.

Does anyone know how I can convert these or have possibly created a MODX Performance for these that they would be willing to share?

Thanks,
Mark

Posted : 02/02/2021 5:33 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

They cannot be converted due to MODX's inability to handle the required formats. MODX/Montage does not support Waveforms employing WXC, LPC, or 8-bit samples.

https://www.yamahasynth.com/ask-a-question/imspiration-in-a-flash

The alternative is to sample a Motif ES, Motif XS, or Motif XF that do convert the Waveforms or the Motif classic and convert the sampled instrument into a MODX compatible format. There are tools available to assist. On-board MODX, sampling tools are not available so you'll have to use some form of software assist if loop points are needed. Otherwise, you can (painfully) build a waveform using on-board menus. The process would be facilitated by software tools doing so offline.

Posted : 02/02/2021 6:10 pm
 Mark
Topic starter

Thanks Jason. I was later able to find some old posts on this subject regarding the issue with these old samples. I also found some other samples that I had that do not convert either. At least I now know what the problem is!

I really appreciate your quick response.

Mark.

Posted : 03/02/2021 2:45 pm
Trusted Member

Thanks Jason. I was later able to find some old posts on this subject regarding the issue with these old samples. I also found some other samples that I had that do not convert either. At least I now know what the problem is!

I really appreciate your quick response.

Mark.

Posted : 30/01/2022 2:05 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us