Clear all

MOXF to MODX

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 R
Topic starter

Hi experts,

I just switched from MOXF8 to MODX8 and I am very happy with that. I would like to import the performances that I created on my MOXF into the MODX. The problem is that I do not have my MOXF anymore, however, I created an .allmoxf-file with the John Melas software.

Question 1: can I use this .allmoxf file in order to get my performances into the MODX and how?
Question 2: if I cannot use this .allmoxf file, can you convert this file into a .x6a or even better, a .X7L file?

Hoping for your great support as always. Thank you in advance!

BR,
Rodge

Posted : 15/03/2021 9:02 am
Bad Mister

You should contact John Melas directly for the most complete answer (he would be happy to hear from you).

Since the MOXF’s ALL data File format (.X6A) can be loaded directly to the MODX, seems all you need to do is convert your Melas file for your MOXF, to a .X6A File — then put that on a USB stick and load it directly to your MODX. You should be able to do that with the MOXF Melas Tools.

You can load the MOXF’s .X6A file directly to the USER Bank or install it directly to a MODX Library location... (where you pick the specific data that you wish to keep permanently, using the the MODX’s “Library Import” function).

When the MODX reads a native MOXF File you can have it convert the 384 Normal + 32 Drum Kit USER VOICES to 416 Single Part MODX Performances or you can have it convert your 256 MOXF Performances (up to 4 Parts) to 256 Multi Part MODX Performances.

Extra Credit: Additional Specs
Just FYI — when it is said that the MODX can load the MOXF data, it can read certain MOXF native file formats and extract the following data: Voices and/or Performances as stated above, User Arpeggio data, User Waveform data.

It does not, however, convert any data from the MOXF Sequencer Modes. The 16 Part Mixing setups used in the MOXF Song/Pattern mode are not even constructed the same way in the MODX, so this data is not converted. Also the contents of the Sequencer is not read either. If you have MOXF Songs and/or Patterns, the MIDI Track data should be saved in Standard MIDI File (SMF) format as a .mid file.
This is the universal translator for such type of data.

The convention does not include any MOXF Master Mode setups either, as with Song/Pattern Mixing, in the MODX, the Master Keyboard function is entirely different on the MODX.

So expect the MODX to be able reproduce your MOXF Voices / Performances, plus Arps and Waveforms.
All 1,152 MOXF Normal Preset and 72 Preset Drum Kit Voices are already included in the MODX’s factory set as part of the massive Factory Preset Banks. Additionally, the 128 Normal pseudo-GM and GM Drum Kit are included
All 3,977 MOXF Preset Waveforms (741MB of data) are included among the 6,347 Factory MODX Waveforms (5.67GB of data)
All 7,981 MOXF Preset Arpeggio Phrases are included among the 10,231 Factory MODX Arpeggios.
In the MOXF you could add 1GB of Flash on an optional expansion board for your own custom Waveforms, the MODX comes with 1GB of Flash memory built-in for your own custom Waveforms.

Posted : 15/03/2021 9:56 am
 R
Topic starter

Thank you Bad Mister!

It would be great if it would be possible to import the voices and performances into the MODX as a library similar to the libraries that you can download for free from the Yamaha-website, such as the Bösendorfer piano's. I know this can be done with the .X6A files.

Hope John can help me finding a solution to convert the .allmoxf file...

Thanks again for your quick response!

Posted : 15/03/2021 10:27 am
Bad Mister

Er... open your .allmoxf with your Melas Editor.
You can use the Melas Editor to create a .X6A file
Put that .X6A file on a USB stick.
The MODX will load the .X6A file...
Was I not clear? Sorry.

Posted : 15/03/2021 11:16 am
 R
Topic starter

No, not at all, you were perfectly clear! However, I have (only) bought the Performer Pack + Voice Editor from John. This means I have the Total Librarian, the Master editor, the Performance editor and the Voice editor. I was hoping I could convert the .allmoxf file into a .X6A file, but I am not sure if, or how I can do this with these programs....

PS: the Total Librarian only allows you to save the file as an .allmoxf....

Posted : 15/03/2021 1:38 pm
Bad Mister

You should contact John Melas directly for the most complete answer (he would be happy to hear from you).

Posted : 16/03/2021 1:23 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us