Notifications
Clear all

Volumenregelung

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hallo liebe Gemeinde,

ich habe das Problem, Parts auf dem MODX (über externes Keyboard gespielt) mit dem FC1 (Volumen) zu steuern. Das System ist so aufgebaut:

Volumenpedal steckt im MODX (FC1)
MIDI-Verbindung mit externem Keyboard
Parts, die vom externen Keyboard gespielt werden, haben Keyboard Control OFF, damit die Parts nicht auf dem MODX gespielt werden. (z.B. Parts 9-16)

Wenn ich nun die Parts auf dem externen Keyboard spiele, kann ich die Lautstärke nicht über FC1 regeln.
MW und PB geht aber, so dass doch eigentlich auch Volumen gehen müßte. 😮

Kann mir da jemand sagen, welche Einstellung ich da evt. falsch habe? Alle CC sind ON.

Vielen Dank für die Hilfe im voraus 😀

Posted : 15/03/2021 10:23 am
Bad Mister

Google Translation:

Hello dear community,

I have the problem of controlling parts on the MODX (played via an external keyboard) with the FC1 (volume). The system is structured as follows:

Volume pedal is in the MODX (FC1)
MIDI connection with external keyboard
Parts played by the external keyboard have Keyboard Control OFF so that the parts are not played on the MODX. (e.g. Parts 9-16)

When I play the parts on the external keyboard, I cannot control the volume via FC1.
However, MW and PB are possible, so that volume should actually also be possible. :O

Can someone tell me what attitude I might have wrong? All CC are ON.

Thanks for the help in advance: D

Hi Michael,
If you are are using an external controller to play the MODX, then in order for the EXPRESSION message (cc11) to be interpreted by the MODX it must come from the same place the Note-on messages come from, the same place the MW messages are coming from and the same place the PB messages are coming from — and that is via MIDI.

By plugging the FC7 into the MODX, it joins the family of MODX control devices that includes the the Keys, the MW, the PB Wheel, Sustain pedal, Foot pedals, etc., etc., etc. of the MODX. This means they will all play and control the Parts or Part that you have selected... most importantly, they will ‘play’ the MODX. By plugging the FC7 into the MODX it naturally controls the MODX.

If I understand you - you are playing on an external Keyboard, sending MIDI data to the MODX...
Think of KEYBOARD as including the physical CONTROLLERS as well as the keys.

The reason you cannot control the Parts you are trying to play from the external keyboard with the FC7 plugged into Foot Controller 1, is because your external keyboard does not have an Expression pedal set to send cc11 in via MIDI.

What kind of external Keyboard?
Do they offer a Foot pedal for Expression (cc11) that goes with it?
If so, plug THAT pedal into your external controller...

FYI — the FC7 does not send any MIDI commands to the MODX... the MODX does not address itself via MIDI.
Rather, the MODX can generate a MIDI message for each physical control you engage. And that message when captured and routed back to the MODX will do exactly what the performer did... but those MIDI messages are what go OUT. The internal architecture allows the instrument to address itself without MIDI protocol.

This is similar to how if you want to communicate to another person, you will use words (messages you send Out to communicate to the outside world)... but when you are thinking, your internal thoughts do not necessarily require words to happen. You communicate internally with more direct messages.

Posted : 15/03/2021 10:51 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us