Notifications
Clear all

Multiple arps; same performance

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I have a few different phrases using the same instrumentation in the same song. I have created and selected one phrase in arp 1 and another in arp 2.. What is the best way to choose the arp that plays? Do I need to set them up in different scenes, or is there a better way?

Posted : 09/07/2021 4:10 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Scenes is probably the best way. For the entire Performance - you pick ARP1 - ARP8. That means Part 1-Part 16 are all set to the single ARP you choose. This means that you get 8 maximum "mixes" of ARPs.

On Montage - there are physical arpeggio select buttons. MODX doesn't have these buttons - so the easiest way to select an ARP would be to program a scene button to change ARPs.

https://youtu.be/dFr7EyRBC-8?list=PLyC6aoYnRBZYaaKOU2Tt3_BTk9kJC4Fcw&t=573

This video is a long video showing details of setting up arpeggios on a Performance. The time above is skipped to the section where scenes are setup. The presenter concludes the best way to activate arps is by using the scene buttons. You can watch the full video for other setup information.

Posted : 09/07/2021 4:27 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us