Notifications
Clear all

New MODX7 into cubase 9.5 as VST

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hi! Ok, brand new MODX 7 unpacked and connected to OSX 10.14.6 /Cubase 9.5 via USB. So far so good. I have downloaded and installed MODX connect 1.1.0 from yamahasynth.com, restarted the computer but on clicking EDIT INSTRUMENT can't see the MODX as a VST. Attached screengrab. Can someone kindly talk thru the steps? I want to play the performances etc via Cubase for the moment, edit the performances and sounds via the VST, and record ARPS direct into the project. Thank you!
--not sure if it's significant the firmware on MODX is 2.00.1

Attached files

Posted : 11/02/2021 9:10 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

not sure if it's significant the firmware on MODX is 2.00.1

It matters.

When I download MODX Connect 1.1.0, I see (in red) the message:

Important notice: This software is compatible with MODX V2.5 or later. Please see "Related Downloads" below.

The latest MODX firmware compatible with OSX MODX Connect 1.1.0 is "MODX OS Updater V2.51". I would suggest updating to V2.5.1

Posted : 11/02/2021 10:58 pm
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Ok, firmware v2.51.0 is installed, can get midi tracks sounding the MODX, but when run MODX Connect from Applications, what next? It does not automatically configure. There is an Import, Setup, Load Save button with no details on what to load, from where, how to set up.... Wld it be possible to outline the step-by steps? Many many thanks.

Attached files

Posted : 14/02/2021 5:06 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us