Notifications
Clear all

Note-shift more than 24 semitones?

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Trusted Member
Topic starter

I have a Performance for Lido Shuffle. Piano and analog synth.
I want the synth part at the high end of the keyboard but when I edit the part I can only shift it down 24 semi-tones and it needs to go down another octave.

How do I do this?

Posted : 25/05/2020 7:05 pm
Bad Mister

Hi Mitch,
Thanks for the question.

The maximum Note Shift offset for a Part is 2 octaves (24 semitones). What you can do is retune the instrument, by an octave, then the 2 octave Offset will be what you require.

Most instrument sounds are tuned so that C3 sounds middle “C”. But you can change it so C4 sounds middle C. Then your Part “Note Shift” Offset of down 24 should work fine as a 3 octave change.

Select the Part you wish to work with
Press [EDIT]
If it is an AWM2 Part you will want to tune each of the relevant Oscillators down 12 semitones.
At the bottom of the screen tap ELEM 1 (The active Elements appear in bright blue)
Touch “Osc/Tune” set the Coarse = -12
Repeat for each Element that is used in this instrument. If the Element is already Coarse tuned, subtract 12 from the current setting.
What we are doing is repositioning the tuning of this instrument sound.

Now with the Part “NoteShift” set to -24 you will have achieved your 3 octave change.

Posted : 25/05/2020 8:26 pm
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Oh that's awesome.
I love the architecture of this synth! You can edit the elements of a part in the performance.

With the MOXF you had to burn a user Voice slot to do this (I think).

Thank you again, sir!

Posted : 25/05/2020 10:04 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us