Clear all

Number of Montage vs MODX Presets

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Antony
Estimable Member
Topic starter

I noticed looking at the Preset List of the Montage vs the MODX there are over 500 more Presets on Montage since all the updates.

Why can't MODX owners have all the same additional Presets?

Posted : 01/01/2022 4:58 am

I cant answer why, I can do how though

The 512 Performances are Preset in the Montage but can instead only be loaded as a library for MODX. A link for this is attached. They are an import from the Yamaha Motif
Scroll down to
'Motif XF performances for Montage'

Motif was the the Yamaha flagship before Montage.
All the Motif's single part peformances are already in the MODX and Montage as presets
Motif was able to combine up to 4 single parts in to a 4 part Performance. There were 512 of these 4 part performances shipped with the Motif, and these are currently presets on Montage but not MODX
(Montage owners only got them in an update!)

Need to know:
Depending on what you like to do I would say these are fun to play and informative on programming. They are very good at showcasing what you can get out of 10,000 Arps!
Some are layers of sounds, but the vast majority are things like 3 part Arps (say Drum Bass Guitar) with one lead part for manual playing. Everything from Hard House to Jazz. There is not much of this type in MODX
Bad Mister run a series on them a while back, that you can find by searching 'Montagifying'. How you can take them and improve them in Montage.

Please note: Technically there are no new sounds amongst these 512. they are all made from Single Part Performances that you already have. However the 4-part perfomances are put together well & do have changes to Filters, Eq's, FX and Master FX that i personally find very informative

Posted : 01/01/2022 12:41 pm
Antony
Estimable Member
Topic starter

@Graham. thanks for the insight.

I feel relieved that we MODX padawans are not missing out on anything substantial.

To be honest, the main use I find for Presets is to take them apart, figure out how they work, and then build my own to suit my exact requirements.

512 extra learning opportunities would be useful. But in truth, I have barely sniffed the menu on the MODX, let alone finished the Desserts.

Posted : 01/01/2022 1:12 pm

@antony
I would definitely download these. They were made presets on the Montage in an OS update due to popular demand. (hopefully i didn't undersell in my previous post)
If you are in to figuring out, by taking performances apart, these will be full of Eureka moments

Posted : 01/01/2022 7:02 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us