Clear all

Print LiveSets From A Montage User File

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Michael Trigoboff
Honorable Member
Topic starter

Here's a link to a Google Colab Notebook you can use to print the LiveSets from a Montage User File (.X7U).

I don't know if it will work with User Files created with a MODX, but it might. Feel free to try it and let me know if it doesn't work. If that's the case and you would like to help me make it work, please upload a MODX User File here. I don't own a MODX, so I can't create one for myself.

There is nothing to download, and I am hoping it is self-explanatory. Please let me know if you try it, if you have any questions, and if anything about it is not clear.

Posted : 01/01/2022 2:23 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

Looks like this kind of project requires use with a google account which may not be possible or preferable by some.

Google sign-in required
You must be logged in with a Google Account to continue.

Posted : 01/01/2022 4:14 am
Michael Trigoboff
Honorable Member
Topic starter

I didn’t realize you needed a Google account to access Colab Notebooks. That’s unfortunate, but then again it’s free and not so difficult to create a Google account.

The alternative would be to distribute the code along with instructions to download and install a Python interpreter and then run the code from the command line. It seems to me that for most people whose main interest is music, that would be a much more difficult path.

I looked into other hosting platforms for Jupyter Notebooks (Colab Notebooks are Google’s version of them), but they were not free and much more of a pain to set up. Microsoft Azure, for instance, gives you a $200 credit you can use for the first year, but then you pay.

Anyway, I hope this will prove useful for some people. I created it because I wanted an overview of my LiveSets that I could look at all at once.

Posted : 01/01/2022 11:28 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us