Notifications
Clear all

Problem with tracks > 8.

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 petr
Topic starter

I tried to assign function Kbd Ctrl for track 9,10 - 16. but it is not possible. See the attachment.
If I want to save scene e.g. 5 where is saved track 9 or 9+10 together. It is not possible.
Could you help me ?

Attached files

Posted : 11/03/2020 12:10 am
Bad Mister

I tried to assign function Kbd Ctrl for track 9,10 - 16. but it is not possible. See the attachment.
If I want to save scene e.g. 5 where is saved track 9 or 9+10 together. It is not possible.
Could you help me ?

Be happy to... thanks for the question.

This is specification.

Kbd Ctrl (Keyboard Control)
Turns the Keyboard Control function on/off for the selected Part 1–8. Keyboard Control)

The MODX is capable of triggering as many as eight Parts, simultaneously, directly with the Keyboard. You can link the Parts, 1-8, you want to simultaneously control by activating the KBD CTRL (green) icon — as long as you are in Performance Common, or you have *selected* any one of the “linked” Parts, you are transmitting to them all.

All Parts not under KBD CTRL must be *selected* directly, as an individual Part (instrument sound).
Parts 9-16 are never available for linked KBD CTRL. They will always be selectable as individual Parts.
This is normal and outlined in the specification.

Extra Credit:
Any two Parts of the Performance Mixing can be “Exchanged”. The Exchange function lets you swap a Part and all of its settings/assignments with any other Part.
Tracks of the Performance Recorder (Pattern Sequencer) can be moved by using the “Copy”” function.

If necessary, it is possible to swap Parts and Track data, to accommodate most things. If you wish to play both Parts 9 and 10 as a linked pair, you must EXCHANGE each of them with a Part located between 1 and 8. For example, you might “exchange” Part 9 with 7 and Part 10 with 8. Now Parts 7 and 8 can be “linked” via KBD CTRL.

To use Exchange: select the Part you wish to work with... press [SHIFT] + [EDIT] > select “EXCHANGE” > make settings... and then execute.

The way the KBD CTRL function is designed, the MODX Keyboard can address multiple Parts by linking them; any of the first eight Parts can be linked for simultaneous control. Different combinations of the first eight Parts can be configured and recalled by Scene “snapshot” memory. This means you can dynamically change which of the linked Parts are sounding at any time by using the Super Knob, Assign Knobs, Foot Controllers, MW, Assign Switches, Scene buttons, etc., etc.

Parts 9-16 will always be available via direct selection as individual Parts.

Hope that helps.

Posted : 11/03/2020 1:52 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us