Clear all

Program changes on MODX8

3 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi guys,

Searching for an answer:
I have my MODX setup in a rig with a Novation Impulse 61 and mainstage.
For larger gigs I make a live set of all the songs in the MODX as well as Mainstage.
My Novation controls either the MODX on channels/parts 5-8 or Mainstage depending on the song.

I have setup Mainstage so that every patch will send a program change to change the performance on the MODX as well. I have an iPad in front of me with the Touch Control app which has buttons for each song so that I can easily switch without having to touch my Macbook.
The only annoyance is:
If I have a live set in front of me containing the performances for the specific gig, the program change from Mainstage will change the performance, but I would expect or hope that the selection in the live set would change as well (meaning the performance in the live set will light up (become orange) as to show it's selected. This is not working. The changing of the selection in the live set would give me a direct visual reference that the right performance is selected and reassures me that everything is going well, as well as gives me an indication where I am in the setlist.

Is there a way to get this working? Or isn't this at all possible?

While I am at it (hoping there is some lost Impulse user here): Is it also possible to have a program change command switch the template of the novation? (far fetched to ask this here, but you never know).

Posted : 24/04/2022 9:44 pm
Topic starter

But how can I detect what program change I have to send from mainstage for the specific entry in the liveset?
I can't find the "property" information of a live set entry, as I can with the MSB LSB settings of a performance.

Posted : 24/04/2022 10:13 pm
Topic starter

Found it...
The MSB is 62 which is the live set active on the modx and LSB and PC are page and entry respecively. Works like a charm!!! Thanx for pointing me in the right direction!

Posted : 24/04/2022 10:24 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us