Quick shortcut to stop Monitor Volume

11 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Hello users!
I'm searching mode how to quick mute "PC Windows Sound"
The digital sound + PC sound run echo...
But PC sound I need with listen Browser Opera Firefox, MP3 player and other.
Rolling USB VOLUME (MONITOR) up-down up-dowun is annoyed action.
It sould be some like switch ON/OFF
I bad known with Audio Signal Flow architecture MODX or Quick Setup..
I see that Monitor Volume yet present into Performace settings.

Maybe create an Performance like mute? 🙂

Posted : 08/02/2023 8:22 pm
Reputable Member
Topic starter

sendmidi.exe dev MODX hex syx 43 10 7f 1c 07 30 40 3b 00

Life hack!

Posted : 08/02/2023 8:51 pm
Prominent Member

You can change that setting on the performance edit screen on the USB Monitor tab. That is the value that your SysEx command (which needs a trailing 7F) changes.

Posted : 08/02/2023 9:12 pm
Reputable Member
Topic starter

[code type=markup]
@reg query "HKLMSoftwareClasses.." /ve | %WinDir%system32find.exe "0x0"

@if %ERRORLEVEL% == 1 goto turnoff
@if %ERRORLEVEL% == 0 goto turnon
@goto end

:turnon
@reg add "HKLMSoftwareClasses.." /ve /t REG_DWORD /f /D 1
@sendmidi.exe dev MODX hex syx 43 10 7f 1c 07 30 40 3b 7f
@goto end

:turnoff
@reg add "HKLMSoftwareClasses.." /ve /t REG_DWORD /f /D 0
@sendmidi.exe dev MODX hex syx 43 10 7f 1c 07 30 40 3b 00
@goto end

:end

[/code]

ON/OFF 🙂

Posted : 08/02/2023 9:44 pm
Reputable Member
Topic starter

🙂

Posted : 25/02/2023 1:22 am
Prominent Member

If you have a question you need to ask it.

1. There is no 'DELAY'
2. Those are two DIFFERENT controls and settings
3. The one on the left is set by the front panel knob
4. The one on the right is set as I mentioned before and as you show in your previous SysEx commands.

Posted : 25/02/2023 1:44 am
Reputable Member
Topic starter

There is nothing to ask.
When Monitor Volume is 0+ I hear doubling sound from keyboard.
When Monitor Volume = 0 I not hear browser, player etc.
I haven't a browser with ASIO engine.

For this should be better press button instead scroll knob.

Posted : 25/02/2023 2:50 am
Prominent Member

For this should be better press button instead scroll knob.

The reality is that no one can help you with a 'should be' type of issue. All anyone can help with is if you are trying to do something but can't figure out how to do it.

All of those parameter values are offsets to the parameters programmed into the performance.

You can use one of the assignable switches to MUTE or change the volume of an element/part or performance.

Blake wrote 'Mastering MODX: Assignable Switches 1 & 2' that shows how to use those switches to make changes.
https://yamahasynth.com/learn/modx/assignable-switches-1-2-mastering-modx

You can setup the switch to 'LATCH' so that it stays ON or OFF when you set it. That way when you want silence you just press the button.

Or you could use scenes to control the level of one or more parts. Then you could just select the scene button that mutes everything.

Posted : 25/02/2023 3:13 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

If you hear doubling then you have a routing issue. If turning the USB monitor down to 0 fixes the issue then it'd be better to prevent the audio (originally from your keyboard) from being sent from your tablet or computer.

If turning down the main monitor value down to 0 fixes the issue then you have another audio path from your computer to some speaker and it would be best to get rid of that allowing for the keyboard to handle all audio.

Some phasey doubling can happen if you have a MIDI routing issue. This is typically cured by turning Local Control OFF. The alternative would be to remove the MIDI output back to your keyboard to prevent the MIDI doubling and local control can be left on.

Posted : 26/02/2023 8:02 pm
Prominent Member

If turning the USB monitor down to 0 fixes the issue
. . .
If turning down the main monitor value down to 0

I'm confused - the flow diagram shows those two in 'series'. So won't the output be affected no matter which one is turned down to 0?

Posted : 26/02/2023 8:23 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

... both possibilities for doubling that mentioned the monitor volumes should have listed both "USB Volume" and "Monitor Volume" trims.

They are in series. For MODX the utility of each is that "USB Volume" is something set by the system and will be global for all Performances. The "Monitor Volume" is saved within a Performance so this is a means for adjusting the USB levels on a per-Performance basis.

For Montage, there's more utility. "USB Volume" is like a master volume for the incoming Assign and Main input (USB) channels. It will trim both at the same time. Then "Monitor Volume" has one that applies to only the Main L/R USB inputs (inputs to Montage) and one that applies only to the Assign L/R USB inputs (inputs to Montage).

Back to MODX (just to reduce the complexity) ...

Setting the USB Volume to maximum and setting "Monitor Volume" to 60 will sound the same as setting the "USB Volume" to 60 and "Monitor Volume" to maximum. Otherwise the trim will add up between these two as one would expect for two trims in series.

Posted : 27/02/2023 2:17 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us