Notifications
Clear all

set midi in/out to USB

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I'm doing something wrong. connecting my modx to computer. I hit utility, touch settings tab, touch midi i/o tab, then set midi in/out to usb. what do i do next. hit exit or enter? if i hit category button or something else sometimes the setting changes back to midi, not usb. what is the proper way to accomplish this so it won't change back from midi to usb. thanx...…...Larry

Posted : 21/08/2019 8:33 pm
Bad Mister

I'm doing something wrong. connecting my modx to computer. I hit utility, touch settings tab, touch midi i/o tab, then set midi in/out to usb.

Press [UTILITY] > touch “Settings” > touch “MIDI I/O” > find the MIDI I/O setting, touch “USB” so that it turns green. Green is active. That is what tells you which is current. The cursor highlight is a white outline, this is not the active setting... it is the green that tells you which is active, the top line of the screen confirms it.

On the very top line of the screen you will see the USB icon — when a working USB connection is made to your computer/host device, it will glow bright blue.

Press [EXIT] to return to whatever you were doing previously.

If 5-pin “MIDI” is green as the MIDI I/O setting, a 5-pin MIDI icon will glow bright blue on the top line. You can tell from any screen whether you are using MIDI or USB... by simply looking at the top line of the screen. Just so you know: the white cursor highlight typically highlights the first parameter on the screen, that does not indicate the current selection... if the cursor is highlighting the “MIDI” option, it does not mean it is active, only the color green indicates which one is the selected option.

Things that can change your MIDI I/O Setting (other than you setting it manually) include the “Quick Setup” templates.

Posted : 21/08/2019 8:45 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us