Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

SOLVED: Is there a precount for Play mode?

2 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

In Record there is an option (Tempo Settings) to set a precount, this works well. However I tend to work out riffs to a Pattern and need the same precount for Play mode too but I can't find it, does it exist?

The workaround is to let the Pattern play in Loop mode and join in on bar/beat 1 (wastes time).

When Click Mode is set to Rec/Play the precount still only happens in record mode. I want both!

MODX ver 2.5

Posted : 01/04/2022 3:56 pm
Topic starter

Whilst browsing the MODX Supplementary manual on page 28 I found this:

"To temporarily disengage the record mode and enter the Rehearsal mode, simply press the (Record) button during realtime recording.

The (Record) indicator flashes and playback will continue uninterrupted, but no data will be recorded.

This convenient Rehearsal mode feature lets you easily and temporarily disable recording in order to practice a Part or try out various ideas (while listening to the other tracks) without actually recording.

To return to the record mode press the (Record) button again so that the (Record) indicator lights continuously."

🙂 That works for me.

My next mystery is, when I loaded in a Part (slot 5) into my Performance it seemed to delete all my previous recordings on the 4 (1-4) other parts!?

Posted : 02/04/2022 9:01 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us