Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Touch Screen on MODX7 not responding

10 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

My display on my MOD stopped responding to touch after I opened up the keyboard just to see what was involved with getting to the Super Knob board since my knob stem has come loose and is no longer working. I did no work on it at all and didn't remove or disconnect anything. I checked several times to make sure none of the connectors came loose or ribbons got pinched. All other functions of the keyboard appear to be working except for the screen. What can I do to try to restore touch operation of the screen? It is lit the cursor moves around using the buttons it is just not responding to touch. Also, what workaround exists to operate the keyboard without using the screen until I can get it working again? For example, I can navigate to some screens using the buttons or dial but not to all.

Dave

Posted : 15/12/2021 8:02 pm
Dragos
Eminent Member

You can try pressing
[UTILITY] + [PART SELECT MUTE/SOLO] and that should enter the calibration display for the screen.

Might help if the screen or the connection weren't damaged.

Posted : 15/12/2021 8:24 pm
Member Admin

There is a bit of a nightmare awaiting any effort to get to the tabs on the far left of the screen. I'm not sure why. It infuriates me that there's not a total operative methodology for not touching the screen.

AND, you'd think in this day and age, for the vision impaired, this would be the starting point for a musical instrument that's not a workstation.

Posted : 15/12/2021 11:26 pm
Topic starter

You can try pressing
[UTILITY] + [PART SELECT MUTE/SOLO] and that should enter the calibration display for the screen.

Might help if the screen or the connection weren't damaged.

Posted : 16/12/2021 12:55 am
Topic starter

Thanks for the suggestion but it was the first thing I tried. No screen response during calibration.

Posted : 16/12/2021 12:56 am
Topic starter

There is a bit of a nightmare awaiting any effort to get to the tabs on the far left of the screen. I'm not sure why. It infuriates me that there's not a total operative methodology for not touching the screen.

AND, you'd think in this day and age, for the vision impaired, this would be the starting point for a musical instrument that's not a workstation.

Posted : 16/12/2021 12:56 am
Topic starter

I couldn't agree more. There is no way as far as I can tell to get to the tabs on the far left the screen so I am 100% dependent on the touch display to fully operate the synth. This would have been a great workaround if the short cuts allowed this.

Posted : 16/12/2021 12:59 am
Bad Mister

My display on my MOD stopped responding to touch after I opened up the keyboard just to see what was involved with getting to the Super Knob board since my knob stem has come loose and is no longer working.

You may want to take your instrument to an authorized service center — they will be able to put your instrument back together properly.

I couldn't agree more. There is no way as far as I can tell to get to the tabs on the far left the screen so I am 100% dependent on the touch display to fully operate the synth. This would have been a great workaround if the short cuts allowed this.

BTW - screenless navigation is available on the MONTAGE — that is one of the differences.

Posted : 16/12/2021 1:09 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

A USB QWERTY keyboard plugged into the USB TO DEVICE port gets you around just about everywhere except the left 2 columns of tabs. I tried all kinds of key combinations. This is kind of a miss because presumably the USB keyboard could be utilized as a life preserver.

Posted : 16/12/2021 5:38 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

BTW: my superknob failure was one of the plastic knob knob itself. The plastic knob's keyed part cracked. It's still operational but wonky. The fix is external by replacing with a new superknob plastic knob part. Sounds like your knob failure was different.

The touchscreen connections tend to be relatively delicate components.

Posted : 16/12/2021 5:48 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us