Notifications
Clear all

transfer from MOX6 to MODX6

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I've read that you can transfer voices from a MOXF6 to a MODX6. I have a MOX6 that I have edited some voices and was wondering if these voices can be transferred to a MODX6.

Posted : 14/10/2018 11:24 am
Bad Mister

No. The MODX can read data files from the MOXF, the Motif XS/XF.

The ones listed as compatible mean that you can take all MOXF, Motif XS/XF Files (all but copy protected data) and load them directly to MODX. Voices, Performances, Waveforms and Arpeggios. The MOX6 is just one generation too far back... sorry.

Posted : 14/10/2018 2:18 pm
Prominent Member

Maybe the John Melas tools could let you convert MOX6 Voices to MOXF6 voices, and then, once they're MOXF6 voices, you could bring them into the MODX?

Posted : 14/10/2018 2:23 pm

The real question is if John Melas tools for MODX will allow importing of MOX files.

The other solution is to use MOXF synth to convert the files, and if it comes to one or two ALL files I can do that for you. You can email me the files you need converted to kalinmirchev@gmail.com if you wish.

Posted : 15/10/2018 1:49 am
 Paul

I'm in a similar situation. I just decided to go for it and re-implement my MOX voices on MODX. I've got to learn about Performances and editing on MODX eventually. 😉

I'm posting about the experience on my blog (as well as deconstructing a few Performances for learning's sake):

http://sandsoftwaresound.net/modx-theatre-orchestra/
http://sandsoftwaresound.net/yamaha-modx-all9bars/

Over all, the process isn't too bad! The MODX user interface is such a pleasure to use after MOX -- I'm in heaven. 😀 Fortunately, I'm keeping the MOX6 and it's easy to ping-pong between the two keyboards. It's also a chance to back up and document the custom voices.

All the best -- pj

Posted : 15/10/2018 7:35 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us