Notifications
Clear all

USB cable for MODX (no adapter needed)

10 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
 Paul
Topic starter

I found these on Amazon. I can hook up my iPad without an adapter and it works perfectly.

MeloAudio USB 2.0 Cable Type B to Midi Cable OTG Cable Compatible with iOS Devices to Midi Controller, Electronic Music Instrument, Midi Keyboard, Recording Audio Interface, USB Microphone,5FT. I got 2 for $13.99.

Posted : 10/12/2018 3:11 pm
Prominent Member

An advantage of using Apple's Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter is that you can also keep the charger plugged in.

Posted : 10/12/2018 5:13 pm
 Paul
Topic starter

I agree with the advantage of the adapter. Having said that. I did a 3 hour gig with a 90% charged 10.5 iPad Pro, using backing tracks and reading charts without a problem. I had plenty of juice left over. One cable clean layout. Of course I've got a fast charger handy if I need it on a break.

Posted : 10/12/2018 7:47 pm
Stefan

Thanks for bringing that cable to my attention. I ordered it on Amazon and got it within 2 days (although it should have arrived only mid of January πŸ˜‰ ). Works great. Yes, it is not powering the iPad but I did not want to add yet another power supply. And as for Paul I get absolutely fine through a 3 hour gig. So this is cheaper and less clunky. Great stuff!

Posted : 14/12/2018 9:03 pm
 G
Estimable Member

Interesting...

Posted : 05/01/2019 5:30 pm

I bought the MeloAudio on Amazon, but the iPad doesn't detect the synth...

Please help me

Posted : 13/06/2019 5:19 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Not sure what your synth is. I also don't have this cable. But make sure if the synth can be powered by USB or a brick or both - to plug the synth in so it is not "bus powered" (having to get its power from USB only). If "the synth" is a MODX - this doesn't really apply - but it's difficult to tell what you're trying to do from your details.

Posted : 13/06/2019 9:25 pm

Not sure what your synth is. I also don't have this cable. But make sure if the synth can be powered by USB or a brick or both - to plug the synth in so it is not "bus powered" (having to get its power from USB only). If "the synth" is a MODX - this doesn't really apply - but it's difficult to tell what you're trying to do from your details.

Thanks Jason for replying.

I have a MOXF8.

I just bought the genuine Apple Camera Adapter USB to Lightning suggested by my Yamaha manual, but nothing is this case also... One thing however: when I start the app Yamaha Performance Editor Essential, in the upper right corner, the IN light turns green, and the OUT light flashes red once then turn off...

Do I have to change any setting in the synth?

Thank you!

Posted : 13/06/2019 10:33 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

If the lightning usb camera kit isn't working for you - it's not the interface's fault. That works well for me. MOXF I cannot test nor am I as proficient with MOXF configuration as with MODX (this message category's namesake). In general, you would need to ensure your keyboard's configuration is set to USB mode rather than any other modes of interface they may support.

I'm assuming you can plug other things into the lightning port (not just power, but data too) and those devices/things work. Just to establish the port itself is healthy.

A single USB 2.0 "printer" style cable between the camera adapter and your keyboard without anything else between.

Posted : 13/06/2019 11:01 pm

Thanks. I did all what you said. I only will have to check if the iPad port is healthy.

Thanks again and best regards

Will

Posted : 13/06/2019 11:47 pm
Share:

Β© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved. Β Β  Terms of UseΒ |Β Privacy PolicyΒ |Β Contact Us