Notifications
Clear all

Using backing Tracks from an external source

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Sean
Topic starter

How do i connect my laptop to my MODX 8 so that i can play back some backing tracks and play along with it. I need to do this because i am using headphones? Thanks

Posted : 31/08/2021 3:57 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Use a single USB cable between MODX's "USB TO HOST" port and your laptop. Install the latest "Yamaha Steinberg USB Drivers" for your laptop's OS from the MODX download page. The USA page is: https://usa.yamaha.com/products/music_production/synthesizers/modx/downloads.html

You would navigate to your region's page.

On your computer, tell the system sounds to utilize the MODX sound output. This will have all system sounds on your computer route out to your MODX's headphones assuming the USB gain is turned up.

You can use anything to play backing tracks. A DAW is not necessary. If using a DAW - then you would need to setup MODX as the output output device in the DAW configuration, load the backing track in the DAW to an audio track assigned to MODX's audio output (Main L/R).

This is the best way.

Using a headphone output of your laptop (if it has one) is not recommended due to quality and also problems with level matching.

Posted : 31/08/2021 8:18 pm
 Sean
Topic starter

Thank you!

Posted : 01/09/2021 7:37 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us