Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Where are Sample files for: Mastering MODX: Super Knob Morph

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I am reading several of the online LEARN lessons, and they all have a MODX sample preset file they are using to explain the lesson.

Where do I find these sample files for each lesson?? There is no link or reference at the bottom of the lesson, and I cannot find them anywhere?
I am currently reading Mastering MODX: Super Knob Morph. Where is the sample.?

Posted : 06/03/2019 7:19 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

Is it located here: https://www.yamahasynth.com/modx-category/mastering-modx-super-knob-complex

(This Performance example is found in the tutorial content file "SuperKnobExamples.X8U" )

... I'm not sure if the file applies to all of the superknob tutorials or only the "Super Knob Complex" article.

Posted : 07/03/2019 12:07 am
Topic starter

Thanks for the file location. I downloaded the file and tried to load this file with MODX Connect. Tried everything, extensions, folders, etc. etc. etc.
It will not load. MODX connect will not load it. Is everyone else having the same problem?
Any ideas??

Posted : 07/03/2019 5:32 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

MODX Connect handles files that end with "B" (for bulk). To load this file from the tutorial (that ends in "U" for user), you would go to [UTILITY] Contents and choose the Load option and load the user file. Make sure you backup your current user area first since loading as this file will overwrite your user area.

Posted : 07/03/2019 8:34 am
Topic starter

Thanks Jason,
When you say overwrite your user area, will it wipe out all of my User Live Sets?

This would be a good time to create a backup file. As I have been learning more about the MODX, I keep modifying my sounds and saving them in Live Set User 2.
I have about 20 sounds that I have put a lot of work into. Time for a backup.

Thanks for the reminder.

Posted : 07/03/2019 12:37 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

If you load a user file - it replaces everything in the user bank including user bank live sets. Unfortunately, unlike Motif, there are not provisions to load less than the full user file. Previously, there were some options to not load say the system settings. This type of feature was not carried forward.

Overall, manipulating the live set as its own entity is not something available in MODX. It's "bundled" along with everything else in the same bank/file.

For something like previewing this X8U file - you could backup everything. It's not entirely necessary. At a minimum, create a user file (X8U) by saving the user area.

Posted : 07/03/2019 6:57 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us