Notifications
Clear all

1.2 Update Follow Up

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Yes the 1.2 upgrade overwrites the User, Library and all User systems settings. So it's important that you first backup your user area and be sure you still have your Libraries available to be re-loaded. I keep my Bosendorfer Library on the same thumb drive where I store my User backup. I keep a separate thumb dive for OS updates.

I did load the Library AFTER I loaded the User Backup . Everything worked OK despite instructions saying not to do this in that order.

I had made changes to the Bosendorfer Imperial Grand but I saved it instead of Importing it to the User area. It no longer worked after I re-installed the back up user.

So after getting 1.2 installed and my User and Library back I Imported to User the Imperial Grand and edited it in the User.

Odd that the previous upgrade to Montage did not overwrite anything although it warned that it would.

Posted : 10/09/2016 8:57 pm
Rod
 Rod
Estimable Member

Hello Joseph - mystery! I backed up my User files to a USB, and imported them back to the Montage (but not the Bosendorfer, already installed as a Library but showing in the User area). Then clever-dick here formatted the USB so's I could download v1.20 ... smart, huh? Didn't work anyway as the USB had built in partitions (Store'n'Go), so used a different (empty) USB for v1.20. Updated the Montage OK, no probs - so I should have lost all my User files and the Bosendorfer? But no - all still there and working perfectly, only the Bosendorfer now has its own tag on the left-hand pop-in menu for Bank selection. Not complaining, just interested that I didn't lose a thing.

Posted : 11/09/2016 5:35 pm
Tommy

Sort of off-topic, but I upgraded from 1.10 to 1.20, thus skipping 1.11. Am I missing anything by bypassing that upgrade?
Thanks.

Posted : 15/09/2016 3:56 pm
Stefan

No, it is always a full update.

Posted : 15/09/2016 9:55 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us