Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

16 Scenes Instead of only 8 , via a Future Firmware Update, Possible ?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Tarek
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hi,

Would it be possible to double the number of Montage Scenes from 8 to 16 in the future via a Firmware Update ? i.e Maybe by using some combination key presses to access a second bank of 8 scenes via the same Scene Buttons ?

I think this would be very useful, and offer a lot more real-time performance options to a real time Montage Performance.

Thanks,
Tarek

Posted : 17/07/2016 6:01 pm
Bad Mister

Sure, 128 SCENEs would offer even more. But "only eight" is enough for now 🙂 you ask is it possible, we cannot answer that question. What would you be willing to give up? (See, that's just as speculative a question... I'd rather not wrestle with such things, because it's not something easily changed) it's all just "wish list stuff"

How are you using the current eight Scenes? We'd be very interested in hearing how and for what purpose you are using the eight current Scenes!

We can only help you with getting the most out of what the instrument can currently do. If you are acting in real time performing on the Montage, you have plenty of options to control things in real time. If you can tell us what you are doing with your eight Scenes perhaps we can make some suggestions for more efficient use of this powerful feature. Let us know. If we have a discussion about such a thing the team would need to know exactly HOW it is being used by musicians/owners.

Anything is possible (by the way) but the engineers first question would be "How is customer using the Scenes?" Before they consider providing more, and who know? There might already be a way to accomplish what you are thinking about.

Posted : 20/07/2016 11:20 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us