About the new horizontal screen on the left

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Phil
 Phil
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Every demo that I have seen of the new m shows the new horizontal screen sometimes lit and sometimes not at first I thought it was a screen timer such as you would have on a mobile phone, but I've never seen it actually come on or off while in view. It's always when the camera pans away from the screen and then it comes back now it's on or off. Then I thought well it must be that it goes into dim mode until you touch any applicable buttons that actually cause changes in the screens parameters, but no I've seen Dom do that many times and it never turns on, but it again, when it pans away from him talking and you come back, the screens on again. What is the situation with the screen? Also, most of the demos show the supernob rotating as opposed to pulsing. Well I personally find the rotating rather dizzying, and certainly useless as a tempo indicator. Does this knob have various features?

Posted : 13/10/2023 9:45 pm
Prominent Member

Every demo that I have seen of the new m shows the new horizontal screen sometimes lit and sometimes not

My screen has always been lit as far as I know. I'm not aware of any on/off for the parameter screen.

Can you post a link to an example?

Posted : 13/10/2023 10:09 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

If you recall a Performance with the new VCM organ I'm sure you'll see a rotating superknob.

Posted : 14/10/2023 3:15 am
Prominent Member

Just found that after pressing the DAW Remote button the small display is almost entirely blank except for the word TRACK at the top left and DAW REMOTE at the top right. Nothing else on the display.

Posted : 14/10/2023 4:16 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

Just curious - was a computer connected so the USB icon in the top line turns blue? Wondering if when the USB TO HOST is inactive then might the screen hide some options.

Posted : 14/10/2023 6:36 am
Prominent Member

Just curious - was a computer connected so the USB icon in the top line turns blue? Wondering if when the USB TO HOST is inactive then might the screen hide some options.

Not sure who that is addressed to.

Having DAW Remote ON was a side effect of my trying to find a shortcut to take snapshots. I held the A/D Input key down and 'fanned' all the buttons to see if any of them did the job. None did.

Then I noticed the DAW Remote button was still lit red. Turns out pressing the button lights it up and switches to the mode but pressing the button again does NOT turn if OFF. You have to press the EXIT button to get out of remote mode. Don't know if that is a 'working as designed' or not.

The issue I now have with testing is I no longer have my Modx to see whether it did the same thing or not.

Does the original Montage even have a DAW Remote button? I don't see one in the Owner doc images.

But I did get $900 when I traded it in on the M8X.

Posted : 14/10/2023 5:48 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

There's no DAW Remote physical button on Montage classic. It's accessed through the touch screen.

The original Montage classic and MODX firmware didn't have the DAW Remote feature at all.

Posted : 15/10/2023 12:47 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us