Notifications
Clear all

Montage M - don't forget to install the latest Steinberg driver

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Prominent Member
Topic starter

If I'm not mistaken the Steinberg driver needs custom config info for the models/instruments it supports.

The Montage M to/from computer stuff I tried failed, even after Jason's advice and then I remembered that the
Steinberg driver version I was using on Win 7 for my Modx wasn't going to work with the new synth.

And the driver on the Montage M download page is ONLY for Win 11/10 and 64 bit.

Just a heads up.

Posted : 13/10/2023 7:55 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

You may be able to put the USB port into class compliant mode which is designed for operating systems without drivers. That is, if you don't want to upgrade your OS version.

I don't know what this limits or how it integrates with DAWs.

Posted : 14/10/2023 3:32 am
Prominent Member
Topic starter

You may be able to put the USB port into class compliant mode which is designed for operating systems without drivers. That is, if you don't want to upgrade your OS version.

Thanks for the suggestion but with my Modx it was just convenient to use a spare computer that I didn't need for anything else that had been sitting around unused but had Windows 7 on it. Wasn't worth the effort to upgrade it since, at the time, it did what I needed just fine.

Now the situation is changed: new synth, new version of Cubase coming out, new MIDI 2 support coming soon in Windows itself (only the latest/current versions), and new Java MIDI 2 support looming.

That is already 4 'hints' suggesting it is time to move my synth work to current computer hardware which isn't a problem since I build my own systems. My current machine uses multiple PCIe 5 M2 SSDs for storage so multi-boot isn't an issue at all.

Posted : 14/10/2023 4:07 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us