Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

(answered) Reverb/Variation effects available on analog output only?

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Jan
Topic starter

EDIT: Ok, sorry if I confused anyone - there is a USB Main out besides the USB1-30 outs, so it should work just fine. The manual (as pictured below) states that "Main L&R" are "OUTPUT L/R jacks" specifically, that's what misled me.

From the reference manual

As there is no SPDIF out does that mean I have to use the analog outputs to be able to use Reverb/Variation effects?

Posted : 26/04/2016 11:16 am
Hans-Peter

Jan wrote:As there is no SPDIF out does that mean I have to use the analog outputs to be able to use Reverb/Variation effects?

This situation is similar to MOTIF XF series, equipped with the FW card. The Main L&R is routed to the USB Main Out in parallel. And as you can see this routing uses the System FX as well as the Master FX sections.

Since we're talking about 32 Channels in mono that can be transferred via USB these are the two Main Outs and USB 1 ...30 as separate Outs just using their Insert FX if used paired as 16 Stereo Channels.

Does this answer your question?

Posted : 26/04/2016 8:57 pm
 Jan
Topic starter

Thanks, yes, it does, although I did answer myself at the top of my post. The wording in the reference manual is not accurate: it explicitly states on page 59

"MainL&R: Outputs in stereo (two channels) to the OUTPUT [L/MONO]/[R] jacks."

ignoring "USB Main". That was the source of my confusion.

Posted : 26/04/2016 9:10 pm
Hans-Peter

Jan wrote:Thanks, yes, it does, although I did answer myself at the top of my post.

OK thanks and nice, I wasn't sure about that since you ended with a "?" ... 😉

Posted : 26/04/2016 9:20 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us