Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Manual out. Get ready Yamaha staff for a Barrage of Montage Questions. lol sorry guys Me first.

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
New Member Guest

Just speed reading thru the full manuwell, cant see this not being difficult time for you guys till its out and we get our grubby hands on.

Here it says swing for arp and MS, but it only mentions the arp in the + and - bit, does that mean the MS will only swing when it is associated with a note on?
Say I want to hold a chord and use a MS to impart a rhythmic element, can it be swung, say I want "bounce" in my motions? (the ladies tell me they do(sic))

Part Clock Swing (Clock Swing)
Determines the Swing of the Arpeggio/Motion Sequencer for the selected Part. This parameter delays
notes on even-numbered beats (backbeats) to produce a swing feel.
• +1 and higher: Delay the Arpeggio notes.
• -1 and lower: Advance the Arpeggio notes.
• 0: Exact timing as set by “Arpeggio/Motion Sequencer Grid” Value, resulting in no swing.
Judicious use of this setting lets you create swing rhythms and triplet feels, such as shuffle and bounce.
Settings: -120 – +120

BTW I own a Waldorf Q and it does a lot similar to the Montage, abeit its 16 yrs old, so I'm quite looking forward to the Yammy being a big step forward
Thanks for your input and work to get this synth out

Posted : 26/04/2016 10:52 am
Bad Mister

Here it says swing for arp and MS, but it only mentions the arp in the + and - bit, does that mean the MS will only swing when it is associated with a note on?

No, but because there are so many destinations for Motion Seq it is probably easier to understand swinging of notes. But imagine the Motion Sequence is assigned to do Cutoff Frequency of certain Elements in Part 1... You can apply a "swing" feel to its movement. Say you have it doing a pulsing movement with strong accents on the 8th and 16th slot, you can sit that slot back in the beat or advance it prior to the beat exactly as if it were a note. You cannot offset its Gate Time or Velocity as those apply to NoteOn events, but you can control its Amplitude, Shape (which can effect timing) and the Smooth (which does effect its impact), and you can Randomize the play effects on the Motion Sequence.

Say I want to hold a chord and use a MS to impart a rhythmic element, can it be swung, say I want "bounce" in my motions?

That's the idea!

Posted : 26/04/2016 1:22 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us