Clear all

Any body tried the Sample robot yet?

28 Posts
17 Users
0 Likes
Timo
 Timo
Topic starter

Any body tried the Sample robot yet? It seems to be only win 10 for us windows users πŸ™
https://eu.yamahamusicsoft.com/samplerobot/

Posted : 18/08/2018 12:39 pm
Timo
 Timo
Topic starter

Oh and I got this from my anti virus program: Infected with Win32:Evo-gen [Susp] When I tried to install.

Posted : 18/08/2018 1:00 pm
Stefan

Yes, tried the Mac version. Registration was without issues, installation as well. No virus there :D.

I only had briefly time to try it, but seems to do what I expected it to do. Pending more experiments...

Posted : 18/08/2018 2:46 pm
Tarek
Eminent Member

Does SampleRobot 6 Pro support the Montage ?

Also curious if SampleRobot for Montage will work on Windows 8.1 Pro ?

Posted : 18/08/2018 2:48 pm
Stefan

Okay, got some more time to play around a bit more. I sampled one of my all time favorite sounds from the Integra 7: Scat. I had to fiddle around a bit with the settings (number of velocity layers, distance between sample keys) and some other things. But the result is seriously impressive. I can now basically playing that things from the Montage without any (for me) noticeable difference in sound, playability, ... The original sound is looped at some point and then a vibrato kicks in. I used the auto loop of sample robot and it got that really right...

Wow...

About the workflow: I used the Montage as the audio and MIDI interface to the computer. The Integra MIDI-IN was connected the the MIDI out of the Montage. I used port 3 on the computer as the MIDI output which is mirrored on the Montage port 3. The audio out of the Integra went into the audio in of the Montage. That setup worked without problems. And I did not get noise I could notice. In principle it would probably be better to use the USB audio out of the Integra but I did not figure out yet how to get that work.

Posted : 18/08/2018 6:51 pm
 Luis

I have and it's just great! I have sampled all my Kontakt files that I often used at gigs with a controller, the problem I saw is that it creates a X7U file for each sample...the problem is that I cannot load multiple X7U files with the montage...I mean, just one performance per file...if I try to load another it erases the other! Please can anyone help me?

Posted : 18/08/2018 9:53 pm
 Mark

Anyone have an issue activating? Keep getting the could not write activation file error.

Posted : 19/08/2018 6:13 am
Stefan

Luis, you can also create a X7L file, then load as a Library. Then you can import the library to the user area and delete the library. A bit tedious...

It seems when not using the wizard you can also switch sounds using midi program change. Maybe you can then create multiple performances? I did not try that.

Alternatively you could use John Melas waveform editor to combine multiple libraries into one...

Posted : 19/08/2018 7:39 am
 Fess
Trusted Member

It seems to be only win 10 for us windows users πŸ™
https://eu.yamahamusicsoft.com/samplerobot/

Well, according to the developer of Sample Robot it does work with Windows 7. Nice!:)

Posted : 19/08/2018 12:06 pm

Any one getting the following error? Could not write activation file

Posted : 19/08/2018 6:02 pm
Gabi
 Gabi
Estimable Member

how come itΒ΄s only for win 10 while the normal sample robot is also for win 7? ridiculous. with all the issues win 10 users are having with cubase from what I read on the cubase group I will definitely never install win 10.

Posted : 19/08/2018 8:07 pm
Trusted Member

Hello all,
I have the same problem with the activation.
I wrote a mail directly to Samplerobot.
One thing I think about is that we have an antivirus program work in the background, so the activation key can not write into our system.
I hope someone can tell us, what#s going on.
All the best
Rainer

Posted : 19/08/2018 8:24 pm
Joel
 Joel
Honorable Member

Hi, same problem about activation for me "Could not write activation file", after writing to sample robot support, the answer is it can be a problem with special characters, for example the "Γ«" in my first name.
An update is schredule next week to fix this point, i have no more information's about when and how.

Ps no problem for me on Windows 10 with Cubase Pro 9.5, i have it since long time do not have issue.

Posted : 19/08/2018 8:48 pm
 Tho
Trusted Member

I have the same problem on the activation code when I am manual enter the code into the activation screen, but it works fine to me when I press a copy and pasted it over....So I thinks it may be some of the special characteristics of an alphabet that was generated by the computer...So please try copy and paste.

Thanks

Posted : 20/08/2018 6:27 pm
 Mark

I Just got mine to work with help from SampleRobot support, no issue with special characters, blank spaces or incorrect entry.
Maybe this will help some of you as well.

Thanks for your message. Can you create the empty directory C:SampleRobot6 on your hard drive and then trying to activate again?

Please let me know if this works for you.

Thanks and best regards,

Christian Halten
-SampleRobot Support-

Posted : 20/08/2018 7:40 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share:

Β© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved. Β Β  Terms of UseΒ |Β Privacy PolicyΒ |Β Contact Us