Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Any body tried the Sample robot yet?

28 Posts
17 Users
0 Likes
Peter

Oh and I got this from my anti virus program: Infected with Win32:Evo-gen [Susp] When I tried to install.

I got the same message, I’m now waiting for a response from Samplerobot
My antivirus software put the Windows application into quarantine and then deleted it. So far I ‘ve wasted a couple of hours on this. I wonder if using Win7 has anything to do with it

Posted : 20/08/2018 9:13 pm
Joel
 Joel
Honorable Member

Hi Tho and Mark thank you for your feedback.

Tho, i copy paste the data from Yamahamusicsoft, so for me it's not a manual error, since the first try it's copy/paste.

Mark, i have try, does not work for me, i create the folder on C:SampleRobot6, try with Joël or Joel at first name, same error message for the two.

Glad it's work for you, i need to wait the update.

Posted : 20/08/2018 10:50 pm
Eminent Member

Activation Works in Windows 7 for me.

So far so good. First 30 min in SR.

Only Problem so far...
Cant chose Montage midi in.
Go figur...

I do have a lot of Q: But I will try to solve them my self first.

Posted : 21/08/2018 12:20 am
david
Reputable Member

I registered for Samplerobot and it provided me a Yamaha Code and Serial number and stated to "Click the button below to receive Samplerobot" on my windows 10 laptop however there was no button to click anywhere on the screen. I'm in the US too. Does that mean it's not yet available to us?

Posted : 21/08/2018 2:41 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

I registered for Samplerobot and it provided me a Yamaha Code and Serial number and stated to "Click the button below to receive Samplerobot" on my windows 10 laptop however there was no button to click anywhere on the screen. I'm in the US too. Does that mean it's not yet available to us?

I've seen the same thing. Initially when I opened the Samplerobot page, I did not see the link. However, my assumption was that this was a result of poor page coding more than the link not existing. In other words, I assumed the button to download was there and started "hunting" for it.

What I had to do is grow the window in order to see the button. There were no side scroll bars so I could not scroll down to the button which was off-screen.

The US link is here:

https://www.yamahamusicsoft.com/samplerobot

(it's mentioned here: https://www.yamahasynth.com/montage-category/introducing-samplerobot-montage-edition )

At first, the button has you login to your account on yamahamusicsoft.com. After logging on, it will bring you back to https://www.yamahamusicsoft.com/samplerobot and have you fill out a form describing your keyboard (serial number, etc). Once this is filled out, the same page will automatically change to give a download link to the software as well as provide your serial number for registering the software.

The key is really to change your screen or browser settings (like zoom percentage) prior to navigating to this page so you can see the entire contents. It's not great that scrollbars are not provided so you can scroll down to see the off-screen content.

EDIT:

I've scanned the archive using malwarebytes and windows defender -- not an exhaustive scan (there are "better" anti-virus utils out there). Neither reported a virus or malware.

However, I did notice that the application is not signed (or perhaps just not signed with the "right" certificate). Therefore, Windows will throw its hands up during install requiring an override. I do think signing is important to protect both users and Skylife. It's important to (easily) know if you're downloading the right/real version and signing helps this.

-------------

During installation, I did run into the "could not write activation file!" error. I have no special characters in my name/email/etc. I tried running as admin. I'll continue to dink with this until I can get something working.

EDIT2:

I followed the suggestion from the Samplerobot team (here) to create the directory "C:SampleRobot6". After creating this directory, Samplerobot was able to create an activation file "C:SampleRobot6SampleRobot.activation". I'm not sure why an elevated (admin) session of SampleRobot could not create this directory - but doing so manually did help. I ran SampleRobot as admin after creating the directory. It is unknown if a non-elevated SampleRobot would have worked.

Posted : 21/08/2018 4:32 am
 Mark

Sorry your having so much trouble Joel, I know the frustration. Hopefully they will push out that update soon.
One thing I discovered, that folder mentioned, it has to be in the program install drive.
Worked fine on the computer i install to c: drive, failed on the computer that i installed to e: drive.
All good when i created E:SampleRobot6
Somewhere i heard you are limited to two copy's of the program, am I wrong on that?

Posted : 21/08/2018 4:47 am

Hi there,

This is Chris from SKYLIFE. Thank you very much for downloading SampleRobot Montage and sorry for any inconveniences.

Regarding the reported issues: We are in contact with Avast to put SampleRobot on the white list. Some executables in Windows cause false alerts.

We have found the reason for the "Cannot write activation file error" which occurs only on certain systems and will offer a bug fix in the next days.
For now the workaround is indeed to create the empty directory C:SampleRobot6 on your hard drive.

Installing SampleRobot Montage under Win7 should work without problems.

And yes, SampleRobot 6 Pro will also contain the Montage export formats. It was already mentioned: If you don't want to erase your user memory on the Montage for each exported project please use the X7L library export in SampleRobot.

Hope you enjoy SampleRobot Montage and appreciate the efforts that went into the development.

Thanks and best regards from Berlin,

Christian

P.S.: You can always send personal support inquiries to the address mentioned in the SampleRobot activation window.

Posted : 21/08/2018 8:18 am
david
Reputable Member

Thanks Jason. My office computer displays the whole screen properly. I forgot about the zoom on my laptop settings.

Posted : 21/08/2018 12:12 pm

Hello again,

This is Chris from SKYLIFE. A new SampleRobot Montage installer can be downloaded via the Yamaha Music Soft site. It fixes all activation issues. If you have SampleRobot Montage already up and running there is no need to upgrade.

Hope that helps.

Best regards,

Chris

Posted : 22/08/2018 9:24 am
Joel
 Joel
Honorable Member

Thank you Chris, all is running fine now 😉

Posted : 22/08/2018 2:00 pm
 Tho
Trusted Member

Can we export the library.X7L from Sample Robot with Multiple Sample?

For Example:

I have 5 different sounds sample import into Sample Robot, Now I want to export it as a library. X7L for Montage , Does this .X7L will contains all my 5 sounds in it or just only one of them?

Posted : 22/08/2018 4:37 pm
 Han

Maybe I'am looking with my nose but am I missing something. Cannot find it to download at https://eu.yamahamusicsoft.com/samplerobot/

Posted : 22/08/2018 9:57 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

SampleRobot support: can you relay to the web team that the download page can have crucial content located outside the viewing window? And that lack of vertical scroll bars makes it impossible to navigate to this content without forcing users to accomplish non-intuitive tasks to remedy? The web team needs to add the scroll bars to help make the link and codes accessible.

Posted : 22/08/2018 10:45 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us