Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Arp can change after measure, can scene changes do this too?

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Hi,

I have a part with 2 different arps which are selected by scene 1 and 2. I also linked the super knob to the scenes to make changes to the sound. When I switch scenes, the arp switches after a measure, but the superknob changes instantly. Can it be set to also change after a measure?

Thanks!

Regards,

Stef

Posted : 10/12/2020 8:15 pm
Bad Mister

The Arpeggios are typically set to “Change Timing” = Measure, which means they will change at the top of the *Next* measure. This parameter is found by selecting the PART in question
Press [EDIT]
Touch “Arpeggio” > “Common”
“Change Time” = Measure
If set to “Real-time” the Arp changes when the button is pressed (ouch!)

Arp Select can be made by the 8 dedicated [ARP SELECT] 1-8 buttons on the right front panel, Additionally, Arp Select can be made by the [SCENE] buttons - any Arp Select, 1-8, can be linked with any Scene button, 1-8.

Typically, the [SCENE] button will change instantly when the Arpeggiator is not running, but will change at the top of the *Next* measure if the Arpeggiators are running (and set to “Change Timing” = Measure).

From the HOME screen, tap “Scene”
Here you can review the Scene Memory 1-8 and what each is set to recall for each Scene
You can set the Arp Memory Switch = ON and select which Arp Select to play (you can also set the Arp On/Off Switch)
You can set the Super Knob Memory switch = ON and set the Super Knob position for the Scene

The Super Knob should recall the position at the top of the *Next* measure along with your Arp Selection.

Let us know.

Posted : 10/12/2020 9:31 pm
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Great, it works!

It was my mistake. I had a few extra scenes were I changed the superknob but didn't change the arp. It stayed on arp select 1. So the super knob changed instantly when pressing scene button. Now I copied arp 1 to arp 3 and now it works. Same arp but on different location.

Thanks!!

Posted : 11/12/2020 12:47 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us