ARP on Montage

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Tho
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Hello friends,

On the Motif XF most of the sounds have 4 differents ARP sections, it shows on the screen for us to select whatever ARP to fit to the current live play and it has a different types of the ARP for each. I know Montage have ARP as well, but I have not seen it shows on the screen, So how do I know to select the ARP that I want to perform?

Please show me ?
Thank you,

Posted : 26/07/2016 5:17 pm
Bad Mister

From the HOME screen on any Performance
Press [EDIT]
Press a [PART SELECT] button on the right front panel to view its parameters
Press the lower [COMMON] button if not already lit
Touch "Arpeggio" > "Individual"

In Montage you can select 8 Arp Phrases per Part.
And as many as 8 Parts can have arpeggios assigned.

Posted : 27/07/2016 2:30 am
 Tho
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Thank you for your instruction Bad Mister, One additional question is:

Can I load my wave audio sound into the Montage to custom my own sounds?

-Motif XF has a Waveform Editor - John Melas but does Montage needs to have this software to transfer to the Waveform before importing to ? or just imoprt the wave audio file straight into it?

Thanks

Posted : 27/07/2016 1:13 pm
Bad Mister

Waveforms can be loaded into Montage. Either directly to a Normal or Drum Kit PART. Currently, there is no commercially available Waveform Editor specifically for the Montage.

As you mentioned, the Motif XF can use the John Melas Waveform Editor, and this can be used to create Motif XF ALL data files (.X3A)...which can be imported by the Montage. That said, this is not 100% tested, and having been around, there are always a list of things that will and will not work in this kind of situation. Simply because the Waveform Editor pre-dates Montage by so many years. So I'm sure testing, tweaks, and solutions for this area are in the works. If and when any announcements are made you'll hear about it here.

In theory, because it makes XF files you should be able to use it. There can be no guarantee, because it's an unknown. I've had files that were assembled for the Motif XF in Melas Waveform Editor just work in Montage, and I've run into some things that did not.

In the meantime, Montage can load Motif XF ALL WAVEFORM (.X3W) files which have the samples assigned (collected) into Waveforms ready for use in a Montage PART. A Waveform in Yamaha-speak, is the entity that maps samples to key ranges and velocity ranges. Waveforms can be loaded directly to Montage PARTS. A Waveform is an organized collection of samples.

If all you have is unmapped samples (.wav), while these can be loaded, they are not pre-collected into directly accessible entities for the Normal instrument sound. But since individual samples in Drum Parts only occupy one key, a sample can be imported directly to a Drum Key.

What type of instrument or audio are you building... That will determine how much you're able to do with your sampled data (without an editor).

Posted : 27/07/2016 3:06 pm
 Tho
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Thank you for deeply explanation ....a little disappointed for the sample capability, I have a sample for these note C3,C4,C5 import into KORG KRONOS and to be able to expand the keys range...and it just works fine...

Thanks

Posted : 27/07/2016 4:02 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us