Notifications
Clear all

Arp Questions

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Joe
Topic starter

Some parts come with several arps programmed to them. Let's take a bass part for example. I like the arps but not the particular bass sound. When I find a bass I like, the arps from the prior bass got replaced. How do I change a part and keep the prior arps?

Second question: When I go to change a part, how do I know what the name of the part I'm changing is... where is it's name noted?

Posted : 15/02/2021 4:00 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

Keeping ARPs:

1) Take "Upright Bass AF1" as an example. If I turn on the ARP and press down a key - I hear a walking bass line.
2) Touch Part 1 (the only Part) and choose "Category Search" to pick a new bass for Part 1.
3) I choose the Bass category and limit the choices down to single Parts.
4) This is key - at the bottom you will see "Param with part" and several buttons. One button shows "Arp/MS". Turn that button off to prevent the new Part's ARPs from being loaded
5) I picked "FM Pick Pluck Bass" - which most certainly wouldn't have a walking bass line

Back at home, I notice the bass sound has changed but ARP stays the same.

(Trying to) Figure out what the old Part was:

Now this depends on the programmer and what residue they left when they constructed the Performance. If you create a Performance made up of say a single-Part bass part, then the Part you merge in that donor bass will show up in the [PERFORMANCE] (HOME) screen if you set the display to "Name". Just to the left of all of the Parts - there's a small box that says "Type" on top or "Name" on bottom. Touch this to toggle between the two views.

Posted : 17/02/2021 6:48 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us