Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

ARP Record in Cubase

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I tried recording arps on Cubase from my montage. I went to the quick setup menu and selected arp record on daw, but all Cubase captured was the midi from me pressing the keys. Upon further inspection I found that when switching between arp record and midi record in quick setup, nothing about the diagram in the quick setup menu changed, but the settings in the MIDI I/O tab did change. I tried restarting the instrument, disconnecting it from the computer, but the result is the same - my Montage seems to be treating arp record the same way as midi record. What do I do?

Thanks

(edit - typo, clarification)

Posted : 23/04/2019 8:18 pm
Bad Mister

You don’t give us the specifics (which Performance, how many Parts, how many Arp Parts, how/if you set the MIDI Clock Out from Cubase, etc., etc.)... but from what you have given, it’s likely your have your instrument set to “MIDI I/O Mode” = Single.

When this is the setting only the notes you play are Output via MIDI. The Arpeggio data is never Output when MIDI I/O = Single. It simply sends what you play... and when you play it back, you must re-arm the Arpeggiator just prior to playback. The MIDI data will simply play what you played, and the Arp phrase will be triggered by that data.

If you want the Arpeggio data to be Output you must set the MIDI I/O Mode v= Multi
Press [UTILITY] > “Settings” > “Advanced”
Set MIDI I/O = Multi

Now when you set the Quick Setup = Arp Rec on DAW, the Parts that have Arps assigned will Output the MIDI events. Setup one MIDI Track in Cubase.
Set the MIDI IN = “MONTAGE-1 (Port 1)”
Set the MIDI OUT = “MONTAGE-1 (Port 1)”
Set the Channel = “Any” — this means each PART will transmit and be thru’d back to the MONTAGE on the MIDI Channel the data is created on.

Later, after recording is complete, you can use the MIDI function “Dissolve Parts” to separate the Cubase data to separate Tracks.

Posted : 24/04/2019 12:01 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us