Notifications
Clear all

Assignable footswitch to send midi out

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Sean
Topic starter

Is it possible for the assignable foot switch to send something to MIDI out? I see the sustain pedal does, as well as my FC7 connected to FC2. But the FC5 connected to the assignable footswitch is not sending anything out on MIDI (using a midi monitor program to watch this) Tried changing values in settings for what FS assign sends and also ensured the zone transmit for FS is set to on.

Thanks for any help
Sean

Posted : 25/12/2022 7:57 pm
 Sean
Topic starter

I am trying to get a value like 95 out. Anything will do! I tried setting FS assign to 95. Zone settings are switched on as per screenshots.

?dl=0
?dl=0

Posted : 25/12/2022 9:31 pm
Bad Mister

Is it possible for the assignable foot switch to send something to MIDI out?

Yes it is. The thing you must do, however, is select a CC# that is not in use elsewhere.

I am trying to get a value like 95 out. Anything will do! I tried setting FS assign to 95.

CC95 happens to be the default CC# for the Super Knob -- and will not work for your purpose. The Super Knob assignment will override any other controller assigned to this number, (except the SCENE CC, which overrides even the Super Knob if they are set to the same CC#).

Try using a completely unused CC# - I recommend CC90

CC# 94 will work but it is the default for Variation Send in the MONTAGE/MODX/MODX+ (and although it will work you may run into conflicts)
CC# 93 is used fairly universally for devices with a Chorus processors (and although it will work you may run into conflicts)
CC# 92 is the default for the SCENE CC in MONTAGE/MODX/MODX+ and like CC#95 will be overridden by the SCENE CC - it will not work.
CC# 91 is used universally for devices that have Reverb processors (and although it will work you may run into conflicts)

I recommend CC# 90 simply because it is not universally assigned to anything, nor is it a default for anything in the MONTAGE/MODX/MODX+.

If you must use CC# 95 then choose a different CC# for the SUPER KNOB.

Hope that helps.

Extra Credit:
Remember when assigning a CC# to a controller, this is what it SENDS OUT via MIDI - it does not address the internal Tone Generator directly. The CC# assignment is what is Sent via MIDI when that control is operated - when this messages is captured (with a sequencer or DAW) and then played back to the Tone Generator the synth will respond to that CC# according to what the assignment.

Your goal is to use it externally... Be sure to only send out what you need. Your screen shot shows you are triggering both INT (internal) and external (CH 1) and you are sending GM Bank Select and Program Change information - If you are not selecting a GM Acoustic Piano via this ZONE Slot, you should opt to turn those options to OFF. Send only what you need.

Posted : 26/12/2022 9:08 pm
 Sean
Topic starter

BM,
I used CC# 90 and it works perfectly. I am happy with any number and 90 will do fine.

Thanks so much for your help.

Sean

Posted : 26/12/2022 9:39 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us