Notifications
Clear all

Backup Transfer

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Can you transfer Performances created on the montage to any other Yamaha board such as any of the Motifs or MX?

Additionally, once I’ve backed up my montage 8, can that backup be transferred to say the 7 or 6? I’m curious as to how the performances would carry over since I’d be going from an 8 to a 71 or 61 Keynes. I.e. how would the note shifts and splits and sectioning carry over?

Posted : 19/06/2019 5:00 pm
Bad Mister

Can you transfer Performances created on the montage to any other Yamaha board such as any of the Motifs or MX?

No, not at all. You can transfer MONTAGE Performances to another MONTAGE or to a MODX. They will sound the same as long as the MONTAGE Performance does not exceed the natural limits of the MODX engine.

Additionally, once I’ve backed up my montage 8, can that backup be transferred to say the 7 or 6?

Absolutely, yes.
The MONTAGE files .X7U (User File), .X7L (Library File) and .X7A (Backup All File) can be freely moved between MONTAGE models.
And although the MONTAGE User and Library Files can be translated by the MODX. The MONTAGE .X7A (Backup All File) cannot be read directly by the MODX models.

I’m curious as to how the performances would carry over since I’d be going from an 8 to a 71 or 61 Keynes. I.e. how would the note shifts and splits and sectioning carry over?

We are sure you mean 88 Keys, 76 Keys and 61 Keys, for the MONTAGE 8, 7 and 6, respectively. The data will transfer just fine. Middle “C” (C3) is middle “C” (C3) on all models. Therefore your splits will be exactly the same on all models. All that changes is the number of physical keys above and below middle “C”.

MONTAGE 8 Key Range A-1 thru C7 (standard Piano range)
MONTAGE 7 Key Range E0 thru G6
MONTAGE 6 Key Range C1 thru C6 (standard Organ range)

All models can reach the full range of MIDI which extends 128 Notes, from C-2 thru G8 using the OCTAVE Transpose buttons.

Posted : 19/06/2019 5:23 pm
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thank you very much! Thank you

No, not at all. You can transfer MONTAGE Performances to another MONTAGE or to a MODX. They will sound the same as long as the MONTAGE Performance does not exceed the natural limits of the MODX engine.

Additionally, once I’ve backed up my montage 8, can that backup be transferred to say the 7 or 6?

Absolutely, yes.
The MONTAGE files .X7U (User File), .X7L (Library File) and .X7A (Backup All File) can be freely moved between MONTAGE models.
And although the MONTAGE User and Library Files can be translated by the MODX. The MONTAGE .X7A (Backup All File) cannot be read directly by the MODX models.

I’m curious as to how the performances would carry over since I’d be going from an 8 to a 71 or 61 Keynes. I.e. how would the note shifts and splits and sectioning carry over?

We are sure you mean 88 Keys, 76 Keys and 61 Keys, for the MONTAGE 8, 7 and 6, respectively. The data will transfer just fine. Middle “C” (C3) is middle “C” (C3) on all models. Therefore your splits will be exactly the same on all models. All that changes is the number of physical keys above and below middle “C”.

MONTAGE 8 Key Range A-1 thru C7 (standard Piano range)
MONTAGE 7 Key Range E0 thru G6
MONTAGE 6 Key Range C1 thru C6 (standard Organ range)

All models can reach the full range of MIDI which extends 128 Notes, from C-2 thru G8 using the OCTAVE Transpose buttons.

Posted : 19/06/2019 5:58 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us