Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

RE: Montage Connectivity Problem (High Sierra/V2.50)

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I have the same problem with both PC and Mac (High Sierra). No USB. Montage recognizes USB cable when I plug it in but DAWS and soft synths do not. I have the driver installed on the Mac but no communications --- it was working at one time now just dropped off and it is mysterious. I am thinking of reinstalling 2.5 altho it worked for awhile on 2.5. I was suspecting damage to the USB-to-Host connector but Montage shows USB active on midi connection diagram/screen. I used to run Omnisphere standalone through the Montage through the USB -to-Host but nothing works now, neither my Mac or PC recognize the Montage even after reinstalling the driver several times. Bummer. Midi still works though.

Posted : 21/06/2019 6:00 pm
Bad Mister

Pick one computer, pick one DAW, let us know what specifically you are talking about. We can help you solve the issue. From what you have provided us thus far, since you cannot get either PC or Mac or any of your DAWs or softsynths to work, it could be something you are doing or not doing... it is not likely that there is an issue between High Sierra and your synth (since literally hundreds of folks are using it successfully).

Saying you have the same problem as someone else usually is meaningless if your situation is not exactly the same.

On the Mac (since you specifically mentioned High Sierra) go to System Preferences > find the “Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver” > double click it while connected via USB to your MONTAGE.

Let us know.

Posted : 21/06/2019 6:53 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us