2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Lex
 Lex
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hey Mr. Mister, I recently saw this image you shared in another thread:

I checked in the Montage Data List and this doesn't seem to be a built-in Performance. Having recently been working with this song on my Motif XS, I'm curious whether you'd be willing to share how you've personally approached building this Performance.

In kind, this is where I'm at with the sound of the Rhodes. Going off of this interview with Fagen, I decided to use two of the Mono VCM Phasers rather than one in stereo. To do that, I used two copies of the Vintage '74 Rhodes voice and panned each one hard left and hard right, respectively. Then I gave each its own VCM Phaser Mono, used the Orange90 preset, and set each to slightly different speeds both around 1/3rd of the default Orange90 speed setting. The result doesn't sound quite like the one on Babylon Sisters, but I do enjoy it.

Side note: the "space is fine" Performance in that same image, is that a Thor reference?

Posted : 05/11/2019 5:41 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us