Clear all

Oberheim style panning on Montage?

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 Neil
Topic starter

Hello,

I am a new user of the Montage and I plan on using it to replace my vintage hardware for live performance.

One of those synths is the Oberheim Matrix 12. I am wondering if it is possible for the Montage to emulate the Oberheim PAN approach where each voice in a chord appears at a different pan position? E.g. Simple pad sound playing a C major... pressing C the voice appears in the centre, E appears to the left, G to the right... etc..

I plan on sampling the Matrix in mono using SampleRobot then emulate the Oberheim panning using the Montage engine. Is it possible? I remember getting it to work with the Kronos but don't see the option in the Montage.

Thanks for everything!

Posted : 05/11/2019 7:23 pm
Lex
 Lex
Eminent Member

I think that one way to do this would be to set up 8 Elements in round robin, with each element panned to a different spot. This would also have the effect that a single key pressed repeatedly would move through the 8 Element sequence, which may not be a behavior you desire.

Posted : 06/11/2019 9:21 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

There's not a way to do exactly this. Montage's control over parameters does not have a feature to track position on the keyboard or position of the note within a group of notes. ARPs are the closest mechanism to having "spacial awareness" to notes. Genos has a few more tricks up the sleeve for this.

If you pre-plan - you may be able to "construct" something that will simulate this panning as long as you play the right notes in the right order. But if you willy-nilly want to play anything and have the bottom key(s) panned left, middle key(s) panned center, then top key(s) panned right - this feature does not exist.

Posted : 06/11/2019 5:40 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us