Notifications
Clear all

Bandhelper app with Montage

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi all,

This question is for anyone using Bandhelper with their Montage.

I'm having some trouble sending program change messages from my iPad (running Bandhelper) via irig2 midi to my Montage. The MIDI cable is running OUT from the iRig2 midi going IN to the Montage.

What I'm wanting to do is from a set list on Bandhelper, press a midi preset and the Montage should change the performance of that Live set. The attached screenshot is one of the Midi presets which have the MSB/LSB/PROGRAM change which I took from the performance property.

In the set list in bandhelper, when i press the midi presets, the MIDI thumbnail on the top banner does blink, so it seems that the iPad is managing to send the signal, but the Montage isn't responding.

What am i missing? What settings do i need to change on the Montage midi section so that this works?

Thanks.

Attached files

Posted : 28/02/2018 11:51 am
Bad Mister

Live Sets have MSB = 62

Try 62/02 and either 15 or 16 depending on if your app uses PC zero or one as the first program

Posted : 28/02/2018 2:48 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Make sure Montage is in MIDI I/O is MIDI instead of USB.

Credit: Moessieurs http://www.moessieurs.com/midi-i-o.html

When the mode is correct, you will see the following on the top line of the touchscreen (credit: Moessieurs):

Focus on the blue circle - not the piano keyboard. The piano keyboard is indicating something else (local control).

Also, there are settings to turn on/off Receive/Transmit Bank Select and Receive/Transmit Program Change. So make sure those are ON in order to receive these messages without filtering.

Credit: Sladjan

Bank and Program receive switches are on the top row

Posted : 28/02/2018 5:34 pm
Topic starter

Bad Mister wrote:

Live Sets have MSB = 62

Try 62/02 and either 15 or 16 depending on if your app uses PC zero or one as the first program

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS !!!!!!

The simplest answer from you Phil WORKED !!!!! Ooo yeah baby .......

Posted : 02/03/2018 11:26 am
Bad Mister

Excellent. Simplest is always best!

Posted : 02/03/2018 11:38 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us