Notifications
Clear all

Montage Expanded

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Eminent Member
Topic starter

The Montage Expanded download looks very interesting to me. Was curious about others thoughts on this who are using it.
Thank you in advance for any information.

Posted : 28/02/2018 5:06 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

References for context:

https://www.yamahamusicsoft.com/synth/montage-expanded
https://www.yamahasynth.com/forum/montage-expanded

Description (from Yamahamusicsoft):

“MONTAGE Expanded” was produced by Yamaha Music Europe in cooperation with EASY SOUNDS and Cool Webinars. It contains a high-quality compilation of Performances of different categories.

“DX7-Selection“ - 128 Performances
“EASY SOUNDS” Selection – 64 Performances
“Multiple Choice” by Cool Webinars – 64 Performances

The "DX7 Selection" is based on 128 original DX7 Voices. It is a selection from sound categories like electric piano, chromatic percussion, guitar, organ, brass, and some more. After the import, they were refined with effects as well as suitable Super Knob routings.

The "EASY SOUNDS" selection contains a selection from the following premium MONTAGE Soundsets:

MONTAGE Phat Analog
MONTAGE Xtasyn
MONTAGE Live Instruments
MONTAGE Nature of Chill

"Multiple Choice" by Cool Webinars are 64 new MONTAGE Performances, which are divided into the following groups:

Best Of Both Worlds - FM-X & AWM2 (8 Performances)
FM-X - From Digital to Analog (8 Performances)
Keyboarder's Advantage (8 Performances)
Groovy MONTAGE (16 Performances)
Single-Part Piano- and E-Piano-Collection (8 Performances)
Chillin’ Pads & Spheres (8 Performances)
Musical & Sound Effects (4 Performances)
Cool 8Z Drum Kits (4 Performances)

PACK DETAILS FOR MONTAGE: 1 LIBRARY/USER FILE - 256 PERFORMANCES

This is a compilation set with selections from other full sets. Should you like this free release, consider purchase of the full sets to get more quality performances.

Posted : 28/02/2018 5:58 pm
Joel
 Joel
Honorable Member

Hi, to complete Jason information's you can find a dedicated page on my site Moessieurs, use the google translator tool in top banner, not perfect but enough good to understand :

http://www.moessieurs.com/montage-expanded.html

Posted : 01/03/2018 6:40 am
john
 john

James...
The 'Expanded' library is nice, I use a lot of the stuff in it. I wonder about your concerns though, simply download it and put it into your Montage (via USB memory stick) as a Library file, use it and see what you like or dislike. If you don't like it at all simply delete it. The Montage has room for 8 library's, so it's not taking up much space. Give it a go, I'm sure you'll like it.

Posted : 02/03/2018 2:36 pm
Eminent Member

Its a really nice compilation from Easy Sounds, I had and ended up buying FM-Xperience pack. I am very impressed with the quality of the work, they really get the Montage FM-X engine to shine in the pack. I havent tried any of the others..... but the expanded pack gives you a nice taste of what EasySounds and Montage can do. Right now I have 2 additional libs, the Motif legacy lib...which is fun to Montage up by adding assignments superknob etc, and then FMXpereience where adding some new FM-X parts just add so much to the performances.

Posted : 02/03/2018 5:18 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us