Clear all

Boesendorfer not triggering from DAW at high Velocity

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Mark
Topic starter

Hi.
I've noticed that triggering the Bosendorfer patches from my DAW (Reason) at velocities > around 80 they do not play.
I've looped some playing, drawn in the velocity curve and then triggered the Montage. It triggers find on the lower velocities but as soon as it reaches about 80 (midi value) it doesnt work. If I redraw them below that level it's fine. Works fine on all other instruments as far as I have tested,

Anyone else had this? Any ideas?

Attached files

Posted : 15/10/2016 6:31 pm
Bad Mister

Anyone else had this? Any ideas?

It comes down the details you have not provided. I can give you an educated guess, that you have copied or selected only a partial Bosendorfer Piano Performance.

Since the Bosendorfer data is a velocity zoned Performance it is possible to select just a Part that responds to velocities of 1-84.
Imperial Grand Piano for example is made up of three Parts

Part 1 only responds to velocities 1-84 for the notes with dampers
Part 2 only responds to velocities 85-127 for the notes with dampers
Part 3 only responds to KEY OFFs

The undampered notes (notes on the piano G5 and above, are divide 1-89 in Part 1, and 90-127 in Part 2.

So it sounds like you only selected a single Part for the three Part Bosendorfer Piano.

Posted : 15/10/2016 7:32 pm
 Mark
Topic starter

Thank you Bad Mister,
You're educated guess was right.
Sounds much better now!
🙂

Posted : 16/10/2016 11:42 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us