Notifications
Clear all

Bosendorfer Library Disappeared after 1.20 Update

8 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Trusted Member
Topic starter

I backed up my User Area and restored it after the update. But i just noticed that my Bosendorfer Library is gone, I can reinstall the Library but I didn't expect this and didn't happen on the last upgrade. What's up? Anyone else have this issue?

Posted : 08/09/2016 7:23 pm
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Never Mind. I missed the statement about Library date being over written. Since I already restored User can I now restore Library? It says to do library first.

Posted : 08/09/2016 7:31 pm
 Gary
Eminent Member

I almost did the exact same thing. Did you make any User Performances from the Boosendorfer Library, - if so, did they work before you re-loaded the Bosendorfer Library? Just curious.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that you do have to load the Library first; or at least that it has to be in the same Library location (1-8) as it was before. Please let us know what you found. We'll all need to know for the next Update...

Thanks
G

Posted : 08/09/2016 8:16 pm
Rod
 Rod
Estimable Member

Hello Joseph - and heck! Yes! All my User pianos are still there (being a notorious non-reader of instructions, I have no idea why that should be) but the entire Bosendorfer Library has vanished! I thought Libraries were safe? Isn't that the point of Libraries? Anyway, it's gone - you say you can re-install it, but how or from where? It's not in the list of Yamaha downloads ...

Posted : 09/09/2016 8:49 am

It is not in the list of the Yamaha downloads. Go to the Yamaha site, music production tools, synthesizer, montage. Then on the left side you see the Imperial stuff. For downloading it, you have to register your montage there. The Imperial library download is for free until 31.12.2016.
http://de.yamaha.com/de/products/musical-instruments/keyboards/synthesizers/montage/library/

I did it there, if your're from another country then do it from another Domain of Yamaha

Posted : 09/09/2016 11:12 am
Rod
 Rod
Estimable Member

Thanks Sascha - you wouldn't believe the hoops and hurdles I've been through to get that ******* download, but I eventually got it - all 383Mb of it. In the meantime I'd dismantled my set-up because I needed the serial number to register the Montage (should've done that in the first place), and re-assembled it, and in the course of re-testing everything I found the Bosendorfer Library now has its own dedicated slot on the pop-in menu when you select 'Bank' on the screen. It used to follow the 'User' Bank, but not any more.

Joseph - have a look on yours - the Bosendorfer should now have it's own slot.

Now a question - had I had to re-install the Bosendorfer, would I have had to re-format the USB so that the Bosendorfer was the only item on the stick, or is the Montage cute enough to skip what it's already done, and just do the things it hasn't done before?

Posted : 09/09/2016 5:54 pm
 Phil
Eminent Member

The USB stick only needs to be empty if you are doing a firmware update as the file will be an executible file (which is why you have a specific set of button presses when you turn the montage on to apply it). Other files such as User Library Midi etc are data files such as you have on a pc that are stored on the USB stick allowing you to copy them to the montage when you want so when you are loading a Library back in it won't need to be from a totally empty stick.

As the Bosendorfer pianos were already on your Montage when you got it (and not as a Library) they must have been preinstalled and placed in the User area. In your situation Rod you have added them as a Library which is why it has its own slot in the drop down menu. Remember though if you want to edit these or merge them into other performances that you will eventually store as a User file you will need to use the Import function to set ensure that all the wav data associated with them is carried over too (just in case you lose the library at some stage).

Posted : 10/09/2016 6:31 am
Rod
 Rod
Estimable Member

Ah, thanks Phil - I'm no techie (surprise!) but your explanations are clear. An odd thing though - I have not re-installed the Bosendorfer, as I found it in its new home before the file had finished downloading, so it's still sitting in the zip folder (a stand-by in case I screw up again). I assumed that the v1.20 update put the original file in its own Library? Whatever, all is present and correct. I remember I did back up my User files (39 pianos), but I lost the lot when I had to format the USB to download the update (never thought about it - typical). Yet all my User files are still there! There must be a Montage God who takes care of Fools and Horses ...

Posted : 10/09/2016 7:20 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us