23 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
14.9 K Views
Peter
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hi,

How much space of the 1.75Gb user flash memory does the Bösendorfer 290 Imperial Premium Grand Piano library occupy?

Thanks in advance for the reply.

Posted : 04/02/2016 5:49 am
Eminent Member

I think i read somewhere that teh Bosendorfer is not finalised yet, so the amount of exact memmory might not be known..

I would however love to hear an estimation of its size..

Posted : 04/02/2016 5:51 am
Bad Mister

97 Keys
9 foot, 6 inches
🙂

Posted : 04/02/2016 10:30 am
Peter
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Ha ha - hope the Montage 8 comes with 97 keys 🙂

Back to the flash memory. As an example, I have the Synthogy American Grand Piano Expansion Pack for Yamaha Motif XF and it is 640 MB.

Posted : 04/02/2016 12:53 pm
Eminent Member

Peter wrote:

Ha ha, funny 🙂

How do you play 97 keys on a 88 keys board?

By using transpose....

Posted : 04/02/2016 2:50 pm
Peter
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Yes, thanks Jules - I am aware. It was just my attempt of trying to be funny. I changed my text to not be a question.

Posted : 04/02/2016 4:07 pm
Trusted Member

Hi Peter,

I have the American Grand too and to me it is the best Grand Piano voice ever! The Best I have ever played on the Motif.
I have tried the Epic Grand from k-Sounds too and wasn´t happy at all.
I´m just curious about your opinion... Do you like it?

Oliver

Posted : 12/02/2016 11:21 am
Peter
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hi Oliver,

I like the American Grand very much. It has the solid and majestic sound (not sure how to describe it) of an American Steinway which is a great variation to have in addition to the different Yamaha grand pianos in the Motif. I cannot say which one I prefer - I have no number 1 so to speak but like the different ones for their own characteristics. Of the Yamaha grand pianos in my Motif I probably prefer the CP1.

I look forward to also having the CFX and the Bosendorfer in the Montage.

Adding the size of the American Grand (640 Mb), the CP1 piano (127 Mb), the Chick Corea Mark V (420 Mb) and a couple of other libraries (200 Mb) (which I believe I would all like to keep), it comes to 1.4 Gb which is getting close to the 1.75 Gb in Montage. That is why I asked how much the Bosendorfer occupies, but apparently Yamaha is not in a position to inform us about it yet - or at least I have not gotten a reply. The Bosendorfer was on the Montage I played at NAMM so I would assume someone has a good idea how much memory it takes.

To me it is a bit surprising that the Montage has less user memory (1.75 Gb) than the Motif XF (2 Gb with Yamaha expansion and 4 Gb with Mutec expansion). Normally next generation of a device would have more memory than the previous generation (which is the case for the non-user memory). I get the sense from what Phil and others have stated about the user memory, that it may be faster to load libraries into the Montage that it is into the Motif, and therefore changes can easier be done on the fly. However, moving forward I would expect the voice libraries for Montage to become better and better and thereby typically larger in size. As an example, the library for the Synthogy American Grand for PC/Mac is 49 Gb so there seems to be opportunities for improvement.

Posted : 14/02/2016 9:53 pm
Bad Mister

I'm sorry, I don't have complete statistics on the Bosendorfer Library.

Posted : 15/02/2016 2:10 am
david
Reputable Member

I do know that this sample has already been played and it's on Youtube to watch. Not sure why Yamaha would have loaded an incomplete performance part for demonstration to the public but I guess that's possible.

Posted : 15/02/2016 2:17 am
Peter
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I'm sorry, I don't have complete statistics on the Bosendorfer Library

OK, I understand.

Posted : 15/02/2016 4:40 am
Bad Mister

Montage: Bosendorfer Piano offering

Posted : 15/02/2016 5:35 am
david
Reputable Member

Their verbiage is a little confusing with the mention of "for sale" but then it's free. I understood it to be a free download for Montage owners but then I guess at some point you will have to pay for it. You will probably have to buy the Montage within some Yamaha established time frame to get this offering. It's also probably a $200 estimated value. Yamaha is also offering a (4) foot controller package deal so be sure to get registered for that.

Posted : 16/02/2016 4:12 pm

david wrote:

Their verbiage is a little confusing with the mention of "for sale" but then it's free.

Most likely it will be sold to XF/MOXF (and possibly other instruments) owners. But why wrack your brain, details will be announced in April.

Posted : 17/02/2016 8:30 am
david
Reputable Member

Yeah, it kinda hurts already trying to interpret the Montage owner's "to-be" manual.

Posted : 17/02/2016 4:41 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us