Clear all

Bösendorfer Piano

23 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
14.9 K Views
Trusted Member

Peter wrote:
As an example, the library for the Synthogy American Grand for PC/Mac is 49 Gb so there seems to be opportunities for improvement.

I´m not quite sure if I am remembering this correctly (haven´t been using the library for a longer time now), but:

The whole library of the American D it is 49GB, that´s true. But if you decide for a particular piano setting the programm will tell the size of the chosen one.
And I think that the size of one single piano setting is always around 650MB, damper noises and string resonances excluded.

So the sizes don´t differ that much like they do at first appereance.

Oliver

Posted : 22/02/2016 12:48 pm
Peter
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Good point Oliver. I was not really proposing that we need 49 Gb or so but more that I assume we need more and more memory as quality becomes better and better which I think it should and will need to be over time. It may also be desirable that the memory in the Montage can contain more than one specific piano like the Ivory American D library does.

I was not aware that it is possible to see the actual size for a single Ivory American D but just looked at this and the data for the 20 Level American Grand is 660 Mb primary sample, 305 Mb for releases and 154 Mb for soft pedal, i.e. a total of 1,119 Mb.

Another virtual piano library is Garritan CFX Concert Grand where the total library is 132 Gb. I have not been able to find out how much sample is needed for one instance of the piano. It does sound great, though, and from the behavior of my Mac seems to use more memory than Ivory American D when played.

As another data point for a stage piano, the Nord Piano Library largest sample for the Bösendorfer Grand is presently 207 Mb.

Posted : 27/02/2016 7:39 pm
Eminent Member

I heard Blake playing the Bosendorfer on the webcast and I like it very much. I understand this library will be free for anyone buying the Montage in the first year. Will it be pre-installed or can it be downloaded. And do we have to do something special in Europe/The Netherlands in order to get the Bosendorfer?

Posted : 24/04/2016 11:57 am
Bad Mister

Will it be pre-installed or can it be downloaded. And do we have to do something special in Europe/The Netherlands in order to get the Bosendorfer?

No, I don't believe it will be pre-installed. You will do that from downloaded data - it's quick and easy. Each Yamaha distributor may have different programs... I cannot speak for them all but you can certainly reach out to your regional Yamaha to find out details.

Posted : 24/04/2016 12:17 pm
Peter
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Just a reminder regarding the opening question to this thread:

How much space of the 1.75Gb user flash memory does the Bösendorfer 290 Imperial Premium Grand Piano library occupy?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Posted : 24/04/2016 3:52 pm
Peter
Eminent Member
Topic starter

The Bösendorfer 290 Imperial Grand library file (.X7L) has a size of 423MB and once loaded into Montage the waveforms take up 409MB of the internal memory.

Posted : 26/04/2016 4:25 am
Peter
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I just downloaded the Bösendorfer Imperial from the Yamaha site and the file size is 423.2 MB.

Posted : 10/05/2016 5:04 am
Eminent Member

The files Bosendorfer.X7L is 423.2 Mb I re-downloaded today. I attempted a download the link provided yesterday to which it was about 203 mb.

The Owners Manual instruct you how to Save/load your setting the extension which is save as .X7U under user file. I spent an half hour trying to load the Bosendorfer until I realized you have to load it under Library file directory. The Owners manual does not specify this'd needs to be update with this info within the manual.

The extension X7L L represent Library and X7U represents U=User

Posted : 10/05/2016 8:54 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us