Clear all

Bug A.SW [SOLVED!]

13 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Sergio
Topic starter

Hello!

I am immersed in the Montage exploring to the maximum its possibilities of programming to facilitate my use live in the shows.

I tried splitting two parts of a performance using the A.SW keys.

But the result was not as expected and in my view this appears to be a bug, as I could not portray the result of that experience in words I made a video demonstrating the fact happened. I hope you can help me! Thank you!

https://youtu.be/AfFgIM6WwnY

Posted : 15/09/2017 11:55 am
Sergio
Topic starter

I do not understand ... Is that exactly what I'm talking about, did you watch the video?

"A.SW" would not be the abbreviation for "Assign Switches" ??

Posted : 15/09/2017 1:28 pm
Keven

Hi Sergio, please clarify. I'm not sure what the keyboard is doing differently than you expect. The Assign switches are not designed to split the keyboard. From the video, it looks like you've set up a split by assigning different key ranges to the parts, which is good.

Posted : 15/09/2017 1:43 pm
Sergio
Topic starter

What I did was this:

Part 1: Piano - KeyRange: C-2 - B3 | All Elements = XA Control: Normal
Part 2: Piano - KeyRange: C4 - G8 | All Elements = XA Control: A.SW Off
Part 3: Strings - KeyRange: C4 - G8 | All Elements = XA Control: A.SW1 On

What would be the expected result?
When the "A.SW" keys are off, I have the piano across the keyboard. "Part 1 + Part 2"

When I turn on "A.SW1", I turn off Part 2 and turn on Part 3, thus having a Piano Split and Strings. "Part 1 + Part 3"

But as you can see in the video this does not work properly.

Posted : 15/09/2017 2:06 pm
Bad Mister

Part 1 Elements will always play... that is your lower portion of the keyboard C-2 through B4 XA CONTROL = Normal (Group 1)
Part 2 Elements are set to play only when neither A.SW button is lit and is set play above C4 XA CONTROL = A.SW Off (Group2?????)
Part 3 Elements are set to play only when A.Sw1 is lit and above C4 XA CONTROL = A.SW1 On (Group 1)

Because Part 2 is in another *group* it's the odd man out.

Posted : 15/09/2017 2:11 pm
Sergio
Topic starter

I tried to change the group to see if it worked, but it did not change the result. The result is the same if it is group 1 or group 2.

Posted : 15/09/2017 2:18 pm
Bad Mister

What is the result? I'm not clear the video is hard to watch!

Posted : 15/09/2017 2:22 pm
Sergio
Topic starter

The result is that by turning the A.SW1 switch to Part2 it will not turn off! But Part3 calls as expected, there instead of "split" I have a "layer". But what's strange is that when I select Part2 and I turn on the A.SW1 it shuts off, then I go back to COMMON and it stops working. In my view Part2 should respond to the "A.SW" key command regardless of whether it is selected in Performance or not, even though Part3 is working correctly. So I think it's a Bug.

Posted : 15/09/2017 2:27 pm
Bad Mister

I'm on an airplane right now, so I cannot check your results... I land in about five hours, so I'll check it when I get to my studio.

There are still parameters not in evidence... for example, how are the Part Receive Switches set... are they opting in or out for the A.SW

Posted : 15/09/2017 3:06 pm
Sergio
Topic starter

Problem solved! I installed the last firmware again and the "A.SW." returned to work as expected !!

So it really was a Bug !!

Posted : 15/09/2017 5:49 pm
Bad Mister

Cool!

Posted : 15/09/2017 5:58 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Out of curiosity - what was your previous firmware version?

Posted : 15/09/2017 11:15 pm
Sergio
Topic starter

Jason wrote:

Out of curiosity - what was your previous firmware version?

I was already using the latest firmware (1.60). I then decided to reinstall it

Posted : 11/10/2017 2:58 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us