Notifications
Clear all

Can a scene control an external synth?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Can I control external devices using the scene buttons?

I have 2 synths and a synth module in my live rig and use the Montage as master keyboard. First I translated the Motif Masters to Montage performances in order to play live asap and sell the Motif. Now I'm creating new performances for the songs we play. The scene concept is very helpfull here.It sets the faders and knobs in the predefined positions during a song. I had to do that by hand / heart or create different performances for one song. However the scene fader and knob positions only control the Montage and not external devices. Can I control external devices within the scenes too?

Posted : 19/08/2016 8:58 am
Bad Mister

Can I control external devices using the scene buttons?

No. Your external devices are not a part of the Montage engine.

Scene is a function of the Montage that will document the following:
Which of the 8 Arps is selected
Which of the 8 Motion Sequences is selected
Current position of the Super Knob
Your current MIXING setup: Volume, Pan. Dry Send, Reverb Send, Variation Send, Mute status, Filter (Cutoff, Resonance and FEG Depth), AEG (Attack, Decay, Sustain, Release) for all 16 synth Parts
Arpeggio and Motion Sequence Play FX offsets.

These are setting and feature for internal Monatge only.

The Master Zone function allows you to recall Bank Select and Program Change, Volume and Pan position for your external devices if you choose to send them - these are sent initially when the Performance is first recalled. You can, however, make the "Midi Send" function "live" so that you can send these messages externally on demand.

Posted : 19/08/2016 10:30 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us