Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Can I load performances created in Motif XF to the Montage?

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I have a Motif XF currently and I have a pre-order on a Montage 8. Can I load performances created in Motif XF to the Montage? If so, how does that process work? Or should I just recreate them in Montage? Thanks.

Posted : 11/04/2016 4:37 pm
Bad Mister

The is no direct way to load a Motif XF Performance to Montage. Your best best bet is to recreate it in Montage. Just FYI, One of the exercises I gave myself was doing just that very thing, it was a very helpful exercise in learning about the similarities and difference between the instruments.

Posted : 11/04/2016 4:48 pm
Topic starter

Bad Mister wrote:

The is no direct way to load a Motif XF Performance to Montage. Your best best bet is to recreate it in Montage. Just FYI, One of the exercises I gave myself was doing just that very thing, it was a very helpful exercise in learning about the similarities and difference between the instruments.

Thanks, I thought you would say that. Some of the Yamaha demos I saw over the weekend show that this instrument is very user friendly. I am eager to get my hands on one.

Posted : 11/04/2016 4:59 pm
Estimable Member

Maybe, if we ask kindly, John Melas will come up with some converting software for that? 😉

Posted : 11/04/2016 8:59 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us