Notifications
Clear all

usb memorty stick inquiry

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Nick
Topic starter

i was wondering what kind of usb memory stick was recommended for using with montage audio and wav files? also what size of memory stick can be used and what is the maximum usb memory allowed with this incredible machine

Posted : 11/04/2016 2:22 pm
Bad Mister

A list of compatible (tested) devices is listed on the Official Montage Download page

In general, most USB sticks work as long as they don't include Copy Protection software built-in. Copy Protection = Music Prevention. Certainly don't pay extra for something that will have to be removed. The Size drive you get will depend a lot on what you're doing with your Montage. I personally use nothing larger than 16GB. I would rather a bunch of smaller drives than one humongous drive. Smaller drives are easier to back up, and I find larger drives make one lazier about backing up. How much data do you want to lose at once? Remember it is not a matter of if a drive will fail, it's a matter of when. So I avoid 500Gb or Terrabyte drives, knowing I will probably not live long enough to fill them 🙂

Posted : 11/04/2016 2:50 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us