Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Can you disable the link between the Assign Knobs and the Super Knob?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Scott
Topic starter

I've been through the three tutorials and feel pretty well-versed on Super Knob operation. Well done tutorials with the example user file, nice work, looking forward to the next ones.

I read several times that at the Performance level, the Super Knob is automatically linked to the operation of the Assign Knobs. Is it is possible to break that link on a knob-by-knob basis?

Let's say I have a complex Super Knob routing programmed but I want to reserve one Assign Knob to do an operation on a Part that I don't want to happen when moving the Super Knob. It seems to work that way when the other Knob functions are selected (Tone, EQ/FX, ARP/MS, MULTI).

Is it possible to have a discrete assignment to an Assign Knob that is uninfluenced by Super Knob operation?

Posted : 28/05/2016 8:45 pm
Bad Mister

Is it possible to have a discrete assignment to an Assign Knob that is uninfluenced by Super Knob operation?

Absolutely. This will be covered in the tutorials. You have to "opt in" on assigning control over a Part's Assignable Knob. If you do not make the assignment on the "Common/Audio" level of editing, the first eight Part's 8 Assign Knobs are independent and will only be active when you *select* the Part, directly.

Also just FYI, PARTS 9-16 each have access to their own set of eight Assignanle Knobs (which cannot be linked to the Super Knob)

What is "automatic" is the link between the "Common/Audio" Assign Knobs and the Super Knob. And if you want to change one of those 8 Knobs independently, make sure "Common" is selected and you grab the knob directly.

Posted : 28/05/2016 9:12 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us