Clear all

Capturing the Montage7 screen for Video Production

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
 Todd
Topic starter

Capturing the Montage7 screen for Video Production

I want to capture the Montage7 screen for Video Production (as Yamaha does for their bi-weekly presentations here).

I was told (here I think) I just needed (undocumented) to connect the USB output to the Video Capture card on my computer (I can't find my original message or this reply instruction anywhere).

To embrace this guidance I bought a USB to HDMI adapter and plugged it into the Montage USB to Device output. It has USB male and HDMI female but neither clearly marked. The HDMI connection has what looks like a "display" icon.

I bought a HDMI to USB Video Capture adapter and plugged it into my USB Hub connected to USB input on my W10 computer. I ran an HDMI extension cable between the two adapters.

I attempted to use OBS Studio to create a scene addressing the Montage screen (expecting to see it as a Video Capture Device). I'm able to do this...but the capture device is not seeing the Montage. It just displays color bars. I don't have another device to test this with.

TROUBLESHOOTING:
The Capture device seems to be having impact because if I don't plug it in OBS Studio only gives me a virtual camera option...the USB Video option goes away.

With the USB capture device connected, connecting and disconnecting the USB to HDMI at the Montage has no effect.

Attempting to connect directly to my HDMI monitor via my HDMI cable to my HDMI to USB adapter at the Montage USB Device...my monitor reports "no HDMI input".

I vaguely recall a caveat that this must all be done using USB-2. But all the adapters I bought are USB-3.

OBS Studio recognizes and uses the USB camera reported as a Video Capture Device-Integrated Camera

This whole solution leaves me wondering how I'm to plug in my thumb drive (i.e. Ext USB Drive). On the UTILITY screen it prompts "please connect USB device". Plugging in a thumb drive reports "Connecting to USB device" and the volume ID of the thumb drive is displayed. Unplug it and that display goes away and the courteous "please connect..." prompt is displayed. Plugging in my USB to HDMI adapter in this same fashion does nothing...nothing that is except removing a place for me to plug in a thumb drive.

.Any comments are appreciated. Seems there's more involved here than just plugging my Montage USB into my computer's video capture card.

/Todd

Posted : 22/06/2021 6:14 pm
Bad Mister

Blake did a Tech Talk on streaming — don’t know if you’ve seen it.

Posted : 22/06/2021 6:40 pm
Michel
Eminent Member
 Todd

Duly scolded. Thanks.

Posted : 24/06/2021 7:16 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us