Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Casing / Display asthetics (minor niggle).

9 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
 John
Topic starter

Just something I noticed and wondered if it was by design or a assembly misalignment of sorts?

On my Montage 6, the bezel around the display has a gap on the left hand side between it and the casing, while it fits flush to the casing on the right.

Vertically, the gap seem to be consistent, although it seems to taper very slightly in favour of the top left hand corner.

A one off?

Posted : 09/02/2017 9:57 am
Eyal
 Eyal
Eminent Member

Instead of having us imagine things, just upload a picture.

Posted : 09/02/2017 10:06 am
 John
Topic starter

Sure.

Attached files

Posted : 09/02/2017 10:58 am
Eminent Member

Remove the plastic cover...???

Posted : 09/02/2017 11:37 am
 John
Topic starter

Just keeping it on as a screen protector of sorts.

My unit appears to have slipped past quality control maybe, unless it's intended to be offset in the chassis.

You wouldn't expect to have a dodgy fitting interior trim on your new BMW, as a premium item surely?

Posted : 09/02/2017 11:45 am
Eminent Member

Mine is in place.
Max 0.5 mm difference..

Posted : 09/02/2017 12:12 pm
 John
Topic starter

Thank-you. I would estimate mine has a gap of approx. >1.0 mm on the left and nothing on the right, as a rough estimate.

Posted : 09/02/2017 1:03 pm
david
Reputable Member

So you have the new rotatable display? That's awesome! It does appear that the top left corner is raised up as you mentioned. I would definitely package it back up and ship it to me. 🙂

Posted : 09/02/2017 4:38 pm
Eyal
 Eyal
Eminent Member

John wrote:

Just keeping it on as a screen protector of sorts.

Those screens are very rigid. what are you protecting it from? fingerprints? 😀 it's just a screen

I'm sure it wasn't meant to be used with a thick nylon layer on top of it. it might have a more than okay responsiveness but not the best.

Posted : 09/02/2017 6:04 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us