Clear all

Issue updating to 1.5

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hi all.

I just wondered if anyone can shed some light on the issue I had yesterday doing the upgrade.

I saved the 'user file' to the flash drive. ( I normally save it to a new file, but I actually saved it to an existing file thinking it would simply overwrite it.)

Then I followed the updating instructions and that seemed to go exactly as expected, with all the new stuff visible to see etc.

Next I loaded the saved user file, but just before the green bar finished, it came up with 'illegal file'.

I then installed all the libraries into the same slots as previous, then tried to load the user file again with the same error message coming up.

Fortunately I loaded a previous user file from the flash drive, and that loaded OK.

I only have about an hour or so of re-programming to get back to where I was before the update, so no real inconvenience but just curious of what I might have done wrong or otherwise.

Many thanks.

Posted : 09/02/2017 8:49 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

Is the USB drive on the compatible list?
What's the USB drive's capacity?
It is USB 2.0 or 3.0?

Not sure if the original save worked or not - but you can copy the user file over to a supported USB drive and see if that works. It'd be interesting to know what the file size is (hopefully non-zero).

Posted : 09/02/2017 8:55 am
Bad Mister

I saved the 'user file' to the flash drive. ( I normally save it to a new file, but I actually saved it to an existing file thinking it would simply overwrite it.)

Sorry, you lost some data. In the future, when you set the Content Type = USER FILE, you can know for sure if you're overwriting a file because it will ask you if you wish to "Overwrite". If you do not see the message
When doing any update use only a drive you know works with your instrument.
When creating any file you want to verify that it appears on the drive with the expected Name and extension. The extension will always indicate what type of file you have created.

An "illegal file" comes up when your file is corrupted or it simply is a file the Montage cannot read.

With the new firmware version an additional File Type has been added that backs up the entire instrument in a single file (developed for long term storage and for those who travel and rent backline instruments).

Posted : 09/02/2017 1:48 pm
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thanks to both of you for replying.

I'm not sure if the flash drive is compatible or whether its USB 2 or 3, but I have done several firmware updates so far without any issues.

Come to think of it though, I don't recall seeing the " Do you wish to overwrite" message coming up.

Very happy with the new Save All option now though.

KInd regards, Kev

Posted : 09/02/2017 9:08 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us