Notifications
Clear all

Changing sounds in a split-performance

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi.

Let's say I have a favorite performance with a piano/pad and a bass-split. And I just want to change the pad to a synth brass.
Is there a way to "lock" the key ranges and the noteshift and the CC's.... so I don't have to adjust them all the time.... when I just want another sound, in the same key range and with the same controllers...

//Jonas

Posted : 04/08/2016 10:27 pm
Bad Mister

Not sure I fully understand what you mean.

One setup: You can place all the sounds you want to play in a Performance and set it so you can seamlessly morph between the Piano/Pad and the Synth Brass while maintaining the split bass. Set the key ranges of the sounds as you see fit, set the controllers as you see fit, simply determine how you would like change out the piano/pad for the synth brass.

The Montage Performance is very different from the Motif XF in this.. You are not referencing a Voice through Part parameters that are fixed, when you select a different program for a Part, each Part is itself an entirely different program. It does not inherit the previous Part settings, like Note Shift, and Note Limits... At least not in the regular Performance programming.

That said, Montage is an extremely programmable synth. You can setup to address the internal tone generator via the Master Zone setup, where you can setup your fixed Note Limits, and Transpose, and simply swap the sound. You simply have to opt out on importing the Zone settings.

With the Master Zone setup you can create regions and simply swap the programs that fit those predetermined ranges.

Posted : 04/08/2016 11:36 pm
Topic starter

Ok! Thanks! I'll try that

Posted : 05/08/2016 9:41 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us